1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lets see your herps!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by fireturk41, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Jul 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :thumbsup:

Understand about the venomous snakes... Had a couple of snakes in offices that fed their pythons in the cages. Where do you put them instead? floor? another cage?

2. Jul 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    Damn that's Love Brock. F#$% THAT. IDK about venomous/aggressive snakes....I like my ball python cause he's super chill. I am kind of a wuss even with big bull snakes or king snakes out here, well just because.... this summer I caught two king snakes in my friends back yard and got them in tupperware for her. My buddy was out of town and his wife was freaking the fuck out, and even though i tried to explain that they keep the mice out of her house, and even keep rattlers away.(just learned that recently)
    This was her view through the sliding glass door....
    [​IMG]
    two 4'+ king snakes in one burrow
    [​IMG]

Ileft em in the tupperware for animal control, cause i was at work, and the BC forbade us to put wild snakes in our ambulance, but in retrospect i wish i woulda taken em to my property for rodent control help...

she took this pic of animal control getting em out of the tupperware i put them into.
    [​IMG]

I learned about stupid handling mistakes the hard way. i got struck twice by my snake.(not bad for 5 years...) felt like a hypodemic needle... I always feed my Python in a tupperware bin, with a lid, and I put him in before I even pull the rat out of the freezer to defrost. that way theres no smell at all on my hands or anywhere. I defrost the rats in warm water on below low setting on an electric stove for 27 minutes. so they're not too hot or too cold... over Boiled rat is naaaasty. their little bellies pop.
    I can tell when he is hungry, and gets crabby. and i try to not handle him other then to move him tohis feeding spot, and then give him a day to digest. I also use a curved fire poker as a make shift snake hook if i am not feeling like reaching in there with my hands. Its important to not feed them in their cage...

3. Jul 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i let her strike, i have to move literally everything in her cage to get her out though. she calmes down once in my hands but the second shes back in her cage she gets nippy, also she likes to strike at other peoples faces from my hands...

i feed her and my corn in a seperate feeding bin, my ing refuses to eat anything but live in his cage and the python refuses frozen.

as cruel as it sounds i do handicap the mice/rats before feeding though

4. Jul 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    Do you use a hook to get her out or just go for it?
    ...I need to fabricate one cause i dont feel like paying $30 bux for one from that website.

5. Jul 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i just go for it
    and they all have seperate living quarters

the king used to take prekilled then stopped eating for the longest time and i tried a ft mouse then a retarded live one and he refused the ft but at the live

she strikes at the other hand if i grab with it and shes a lil head shy, but she has greatly improved since i first got her

6. Jul 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    huh. I am definitely no expert, but I thought bull/gopher snakes had a diamond shaped head like a rattler's. ( at least the one huge one i saw swimming by me when i was kayaking one time really looked like a rattler minus the rattles...Frickin six' and thick as you forearm, swimmin across an eddy in the Rio Grande...definitely surprised me...)
    well sheeit... i really should have kept those guys to release on my land then...dammit. always good to have them around where i live. desert with bazillions of frickin rodents...:/ each house has at least an acre. permanent habitat. coyotes bunnies , rodent and snakes.

@ the tongs for feeding, i definitely use some, got to hang by their tail, and shake em to get skitzo to strike at em.

7. Jul 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Crazy...I had heard that there were some rattle-less rattles, because that audible alert was getting them hunted & killed by humans...(thats the non-scientific version...also total hearsay...)

[​IMG]

so the one snake in the pic looks like normal 'splotches' like you said but the other one has bands.... thats why i thought it might be a king snake. that and the small head. but i was just guessing on the fly. we actually used a hose to fill the burrow with water, and then I used tongs to grab em when they came out for air. I tried to be careful with them and not hurt em wth the tongs and it worked pretty well. the hard part was getting the second one into that shallow bin while the first one was in there trying to escape. it was a snake rodeo for a minute...lol

8. Jul 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    well holy crap look at that. that's so cool. I'd say you nailed it. they're definitely bullsnakes... that's a big boy too. I think the one i saw on the Rio grande was bigger still, or at least thicker. then again that was when first started kayaking,13 years ago, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy...:D I seem to remember the head was @ as big as deck of cards, body was thick as my forearm, and he was thick all the way to to a stubby tail. fuck maybe that was a rattleless rattler.
    So those ones seemed like a mating pair, but maybe only 2-3 y/o....much thinner.

So of course i have heard you can pick them up no problem, but i was still spooked cause i didnt know for sure what was going on. they werent aggressive but very fast and squirmy trying to get away from my bbq tongs, and out of the bin. have you heard of people getting bitten by bullsnakes without provocation? I am sure i will run into more sooner or later in my neighborhood.

9. Aug 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
  10. Jun 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    ABregenzer

ABregenzer Fish

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    The Dirty Lew, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 4X4
    Stickers. Lots of stickers.
    Bump :eek:

uploadfromtaptalk1372206041567.jpg

Thinking about selling/donating/giving my Tiger away to a good home.

Anyone know where to start??

11. Jul 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Month bump. Just found this thread.

Eyelash viper. Raised it from a 4" baby.

EyelashHead_6b0e0e13cc450c3a68667c201bef5e57f104f65f.jpg

EYELASH3_6a145f5d7308053d4af82363fad76721ab8d2466.jpg

Jungle carpet python. Got her as a 10" baby. She was about 6' when she died.

e0959cae_eca5e1a5420db78a96219671451bbdc2c646bfdb.jpg

12. Aug 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Huh. it sure looks like some posts have been deleted from this thread. or i was just talking to myself last year. lol. what happen to WP_5150..?

nice yellow snakes btw. beautiful, but there will be no vipers living in my house. yikes.

13. Oct 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    zonataco

zonataco Well-Known Member

Member:
  14. Oct 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    e3y6esuj_6670e559391a51b8f664c4d30579e63cc60ebc39.jpg

My beardie watching tv with me.

15. Jan 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    zonataco

Member:
  16. Jan 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
  17. Jan 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    zonataco

Member:
    Nice steup.
    He's got some nails on em!

18. Jan 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Haha yeah, that's one of the easiest ways to differentiate between males and females. Glad he's a male because he'll only get as big as about 9" where females can be over 12" at times.

19. Jan 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    Boogyman

Boogyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle:
    BSP 06 4x4 SR5
    Fox 2.0 IFPs, superbumps, LR UCA, Walker Evans and Dakars
    WHERE HAS THIS THREAD BEEN ALL MY LIFE!?!?!?!?! I've got some shrilankan stars, black mountain tortoises, a leopard tortoise, albino red tail boa, a random morph beardie but unfortunately extreme giant black and white tegu passed away this week…. i have to get a new one i love them.

20. Jul 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    zonataco

Member:
    Great Basin Rattlesnakes...making more!

lutes_Jul11_14_zpsa724bfce_a5f571875d11d85b94604c51557c0367cc651490.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top