1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling out my truck. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ault3r3d, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Dec 27, 2011 at 2:48 AM
    ault3r3d

ault3r3d [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    -Bilstein 5100s all the way around with front at 1.75" -shorty antenna -35% tint -ipod interface kit -trd catback exhaust -all weather mats -fog anytime mod -mud flaps removed -nfab rock rails with detachable steps -LEDs for dome, map, and license plate lights -HID 35w 6000k for headlights and fog lights -Flyzeye LED Lighting -Rigid Industries LED grille insert with SR-Series 10" lightbar
    I know there are plenty of threads about this but every situation is different. So I bought my truck used and the previous owner put in front spacers to level out the truck without doing an alignment so my tires are worn out. I am getting new tires very soon and I want to keep the "leveled" look but i want to get rid of the spacers. I am thinking about getting the 5100s but I have a couple of questions.

1. If I just get the 5100s for the front, do i need to replace anything else like to coils or any other component?

2. Is 1.75" the right setting for the level look or is it 0.85"

3. If I get them front and rear, can i just get the shocks and that's all and still have the leveled look?

My suspension is all stock except for the spacers. PLEASE HELP!

2. Dec 27, 2011 at 3:06 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Headlight mod, sound system. MB Motor Sport Rims. Black Tails. 5100's, 885, grill craft, Fogs, N-Fab Step Sides. BFG TKO Tires, Wet Oks, LED map lights and dome, LED gauge mod
    1. No

2. It depends. Measure the front and back then make your choice.

3. Yes

3. Dec 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    ault3r3d

ault3r3d [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    -Bilstein 5100s all the way around with front at 1.75" -shorty antenna -35% tint -ipod interface kit -trd catback exhaust -all weather mats -fog anytime mod -mud flaps removed -nfab rock rails with detachable steps -LEDs for dome, map, and license plate lights -HID 35w 6000k for headlights and fog lights -Flyzeye LED Lighting -Rigid Industries LED grille insert with SR-Series 10" lightbar
    thanks for the help man!

To Top