1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling out my truck. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ault3r3d, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Dec 27, 2011 at 2:48 AM
    ault3r3d

ault3r3d [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    -Bilstein 5100s all the way around with front at 1.75" -shorty antenna -35% tint -ipod interface kit -trd catback exhaust -all weather mats -fog anytime mod -mud flaps removed -nfab rock rails with detachable steps -LEDs for dome, map, and license plate lights -HID 35w 6000k for headlights and fog lights -Flyzeye LED Lighting -Rigid Industries LED grille insert with SR-Series 10" lightbar
    I know there are plenty of threads about this but every situation is different. So I bought my truck used and the previous owner put in front spacers to level out the truck without doing an alignment so my tires are worn out. I am getting new tires very soon and I want to keep the "leveled" look but i want to get rid of the spacers. I am thinking about getting the 5100s but I have a couple of questions.

1. If I just get the 5100s for the front, do i need to replace anything else like to coils or any other component?

2. Is 1.75" the right setting for the level look or is it 0.85"

3. If I get them front and rear, can i just get the shocks and that's all and still have the leveled look?

My suspension is all stock except for the spacers. PLEASE HELP!

2. Dec 27, 2011 at 3:06 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    1. No

2. It depends. Measure the front and back then make your choice.

3. Yes

3. Dec 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    ault3r3d

ault3r3d [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    -Bilstein 5100s all the way around with front at 1.75" -shorty antenna -35% tint -ipod interface kit -trd catback exhaust -all weather mats -fog anytime mod -mud flaps removed -nfab rock rails with detachable steps -LEDs for dome, map, and license plate lights -HID 35w 6000k for headlights and fog lights -Flyzeye LED Lighting -Rigid Industries LED grille insert with SR-Series 10" lightbar
    thanks for the help man!

Products Discussed in

To Top