1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift issues... CRAZY LEAN

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Logan.spencer, May 14, 2017.

1. May 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    I don't think so. TO exaggerate, you could have more droop from a spring with a single leaf, but (a lot) less ride height.

2. May 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    It does make a difference though to measure center of hub to fender. It gives a more accurate reading as ballaculla has stated. You may not be as off as you might think. Do this and then try what was mentioned above about torqueing stuff on the ground vs in the air. And comparing against other peoples rides is so you will know if you're at a normal vs abnormal height. All part of the diagnosing process.

EDIT: Can you see the lean with your naked eye, or are you basing all this off measurements?

bullaculla[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. May 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    And no payments? :cool:

4. May 15, 2017 at 10:02 AM
    Logan.spencer

Logan.spencer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Southern VT
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD OR DCSB Cement Manual
    2018 TRD OR DCSB 6 Speed MT Magnaflow Catback CBI T3 Front bumper RCI Skids (front, trans, t-case) RCI Rear Bumper (custom swivel recovery points) Rocky Road SuperSliders ARE Overland cap with area lighting Rigid SRQ backup lights Rigid DSS ditch lights Baja Designes 20" single row Baja Designs squadron sport fogs Icon Stage 9 SwitchPros power system ...i may be forgetting something...
    its very visible. would you just look at it!?

5. May 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    [​IMG]

This is how I picture you right now.

CrashN'Burn, ScottyMo and bullaculla like this.
  6. May 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM
    BlakeM

BlakeM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Gonzales, LA
    Vehicle:
    2023 T4R.SR5.4WD.OMG.LOL.WTF
    Take a pic from the back. I haven't had a good laugh today.

tcjacado likes this.
  7. May 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    Logan.spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Southern VT
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB 6 Speed MT Magnaflow Catback CBI T3 Front bumper RCI Skids (front, trans, t-case) RCI Rear Bumper (custom swivel recovery points) Rocky Road SuperSliders ARE Overland cap with area lighting Rigid SRQ backup lights Rigid DSS ditch lights Baja Designes 20" single row Baja Designs squadron sport fogs Icon Stage 9 SwitchPros power system ...i may be forgetting something...
    Looks like re-torquing in the ground may have made a little bit of a difference. Now I'm only leaning 1.25" in back and about the same up front

8. May 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    TacoRD16

TacoRD16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Fox 2.5 RR C/O Fox 2.0 RR Rear Dakar leaf Pack Headstong Brakeline Extension Bracket 16"Konig Countersteer wheels BFG's KO2 285/75r16 All-Pro UCA 1.25" All-Pro APEX Slidders Unided CB w/ Firestick II Lamin-X fog Lens 1" Diff Drop OME 1/2" CB Drip OME Mobtown 3/16" Skid plates: Front, Trans and Transfer case Relentless Hood Brackets AuxBeam Ditch Lights DBCustons Grill "Recolored" Matt Black Relentless High Lift Mount Softopper Diff Breather Mod Tail Gate Inserts HondoGarage Tablet Vent Mount Weather Tech Floor Liner
    I'm running Fox 2.5 w/ RR coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0 w/ RR extend in the rear with Dakar leaf packs. The "+" and "-" on the leaf packs are shipped random but if you happen to get different then good for you if not then it doesn't matter. My driver side was 1.25" lower and had to really adjust the driver coilover collar an extra 4 full turns. The front center hub to fender should be 23" for a 3" lift. The rear should be 24" from center hub to fender but idk what it should be with you shackle flip. Forget the fox spanner wrench bc it wont work with Remote Resi's bc of the hose in the way which they dont tell you. Go to harbor freight and get a hole punch set 5/8" fits perfect in the hole with out damaging and only cost $5. You want to jack up the truck spray the collar and lower spring seat with WD40 then release the set screw on the collar and crank away. It will be a trial and error between setting the height and letting the truck settle. Make sure you are on level payments or it will throw everything off.

EDIT: I have around 250# of armor with skids and slidder and I have to really crank the preload to get it ride at 3". Saddly Fox runs 600# springs and they utilize valving for their performance. I will be switching to 650# springs from Eibach to eventually handle a bumper.

9. May 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM
    TurtleTruckTraveler

TurtleTruckTraveler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2002 White Extra Cab V6 4x4 TRD w/ Custom aluminum cabover shell
    I'm a first gen and my OME leafs (CS046R) were side specific with A/B part numbers for driver and passenger sides. They were slightly different in overall eye-to-eye length, I forget which was longer. It looks like that isn't the case for you second gen guys. I found this chart for ARB products on their website and they list a different part number for the second gen rear leafs than the one you mentioned in your first post - EL095R - http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaTacoma.pdf

I ordered all my OME gear from Wheelers Offroad and they were super helpful in selecting the right parts for my application. Might be worth giving them a call.

10. May 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM
    Logan.spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Southern VT
    Vehicle:
    thats the new leaf pack that come out a couple months ago. neither the new one or the one i have are side specific. I'm going to switch sides anyway and see what it yields.

11. May 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    climbhigher23

climbhigher23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS TRD Off-Road 4x4
    2.5" King w/Adj 285/70/17 Wildpeaks Ray 10's
    Any updates?

12. May 19, 2017 at 7:47 AM
    Logan.spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Southern VT
    Vehicle:
    got a 1/4" spare for the top of the drivers side. going to try and get it in this weekend if i can...

13. Sep 26, 2022 at 9:04 AM
    04 xcab

04 xcab Member

Member:
    Any updates

14. Sep 26, 2022 at 9:21 AM
    cryptolime

cryptolime Here to Help

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR 4x4 2.7L
    i would wait until everything settles then get another alignment.

Products Discussed in

To Top