1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kit for a Tacoma TRD 4dr Short bed

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Joe Pep, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nov 30, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    Joe Pep

Joe Pep [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD short bed
    Tonnes Cover Nasty steps Bull bar
    Hi all! This is my first post. I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD short bed. My friends recommend the short bed because they said that the long bed does not have as good of a turning radius. Since my wife took my H3, she makes fun of my tires. I have been looking into lift kits to put on 32" or 33" tires. I looked into a suspension connection 3" lift kit. The person that is going to install the kit refuses because he claims that the kit is not a complete kit. He said that you have to replace the brake lines, install longer rear shocks, new pitman arm and other essential equipment. The Suspension connection claims I do not have to change anything. He also claims that the truck will drive awfully and to say goodbye to the ride which has to be tweeked every six months. Is this true? What is the shortest lift kit that I can get away with that I won't have to alter major factory specs? Will I have to alter the u- joints, shocks, or brake lines? Who makes the best quality kits to buy? Any suggestions appreciatived. I'm racking my brains.

2. Nov 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    ycart1201

ycart1201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4 - My build is underway
    Current Project: 2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4
    welcome. I suggest using the search button. you'll find tons of posts like this but... Ive never heard of the brand you're talking about... so the search button may not help much on this one. Anyhow... search for 3" lift and you'll be headed in the right direction. =)

Nathan
    ycart1201

3. Nov 30, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    Check: www.trdparts4u.com They have complete kits or just parts. I have Old Man Emu front shocks with 886 Springs with toytec 1/4" spacer added to top and Old Man Emu/Dakar rear leaf springs with toytec 3 degree shim. This is right about 3" lift and I have had this for a couple years and still have factory rear break lines. I have not heard of "suspension connection 3" lift kit" so I do not know details about it.
    Oh yeah I run 305/70/16 Cooper Discoverer STT's on American Eagle 185 rims. (33.07" x 12.01")
    09-11-2010037B_a975dc4fb809330281c3c007251b81cf650b0643.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top