1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift kit opinion

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kspencer15, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jan 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    kspencer15

kspencer15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    east bay, CA
    Looking to get a 3" lift kit for my 2015 tacoma, I have read forums on here and done my own research and have narrowed it down to I think 2 kits I'm looking at. Links at bottom.

First one is the toytec ultimate lift kit, second is the toytec lift kit with Bilstein 5100 front coilovers.

The main difference I see between the two are the front coilovers are adjustable on the ultimate lift kit, and front diff drop kit. Both come with rear shocks, but an option with the ultimate lift kit.
    Is it worth it to spend a couple more $$$ to get the ultimate lift kit? If so, which shock do you go with, toytec boss shocks or bilstein 5100 in the back? Are there any other differences between the two kits?
    Still pretty new at this, any info would be awesome. Thanks.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/ULTAC-2005--Toytec-Ultimate-Lift-Kit-05-15-Tacoma_p_1062.html

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...with-Bilstein-5100-Front-Coilovers_p_364.html

YotaDan likes this.
  2. Jan 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM
    REDdawn6

REDdawn6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redlands CA.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    I have the second one , with the silver springs. It is pretty much maxed out . Meaning at 3" , it clunks of speedbumps , from not much downstroke left?? $ wheeling is ok but very stiff. I have not removed swaybar to see if softens up. Could be a much different ride. Also with the 5100 in rear w/1.5' AAL , its pretty much maxed out feeling as well.Looks great, still can wheel hard. Maybe look in to Bilstein 6112 and the longer 5160?? rear

Products Discussed in

To Top