1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift kit options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 97cobra, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    97cobra

97cobra [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 cobra
    k for startes i know everyone is going to say just get a 6 inch lift, but that wont be an option for a while. i want 33s eventually 35s havnet bought a truck yet but i am looking at a access cab. if i buy one not lifted here is what i am wondering, what if i do 3 inch suspension lift with a 2 inch body lift am i going to run into any problems with this will i need new shocks or anything or will this work, also how will a 2 inch body lift look will everyone be able to tell and see a bunch of frame or no? i know 3 inch lift will fit 33s but i think it looks to jammed in the wheel wells for me, any pictures or specific lift kits or anything will help and be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    On a Rock in the middle of the Pacific
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler!
    21' TRD OffRoad 2" 887 OME on Bilstein 5100's. 285/70R17 General Grabbers G3 17x8.5" Icon TRD wheels (Gun metal gray) 4.75" BS
    Save your money and buy a 6" lift. You'll just be wasting your money if you do things "half ass"
    Believe me you'll save $$ if you do what you want rather than what you can afford for the time being.

Products Discussed in

To Top