1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kit Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TKingsleyG, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    TKingsleyG

TKingsleyG [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma sr5
    I am the new owner of my first taco and i plan on making some modifications to it to spruce it up a bit. This is my first taco and it is a 2003 sr5 with 2 wheel drive. I want to put a lift kit on it because the stock suspension is awkwardly low for a truck and i have no clue what i should get because this is my first vehicle and i have never done anything like this before. I am looking for about a 3 inch lift kit that preferably wont break the bank since i will also need to buy bigger tires and some rims for it. The ideal tire size for it would be around a 265. I am hoping to find a lift kit for less than $400, nothing extremely fancy, just something to lift her saggy butt up. Thanks for any help

2. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    3" lift for $400 is not really possible...but you can get about 2" with Bilstein 5100 shocks all around and an AAL for a little more (assuming you're doing the install yourself)

check out and Downsouth

3. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    TKingsleyG

TKingsleyG [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma sr5
    One of my friends told me that there are several body lifts out there that will do about 3inches for around 325 to 350 i just need to know what ones will fit my truck

And installation is covered, my girlfriends dad is really good with trucks and even custom makes most of his stuff, he said he would help me with whatever i needed on it.

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    yes, better save up some money because your definetly want to get a suspension lift. body lift = bad!!! you will still have the saggy look your describing and shitty suspension. do it right the first time. search lifts on here you will get a better idea of whats out there.

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    TKingsleyG

TKingsleyG [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma sr5
    can you make any suggestions for lift kits that would do the job and get about 3in and are still cheaper than most others, since my taco is 2 wheel drive i wont be taking it offroad and i wont need super shocks than can climb a mountain and cost $2,500

6. Jan 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Bilsteins won't cost you $2500...more like $325 + shipping
    And an AAL will be around $100

7. Jan 9, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    TKingsleyG

TKingsleyG [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma sr5
    between bilsteins and AAL, which one will look better and lift higher?

Products Discussed in

To Top