1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift kits

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by fkli222, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jan 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM
    fkli222

fkli222 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    planning on getting a lift kit soon for my 2nd gen tacoma double cab. what kind of 3 inch lift kits would people recommend?

2. Jan 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    Check into or If you're going to off road a lot, then go with new front springs and add a leaf in the rear, if not you can save money with just a spacer in the front and blocks in the back, its up to you.

3. Jan 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    kenny3932

kenny3932 Member

Member:
    north west Indiana
    Vehicle:
    TRD prerunner SR5
    2004 V-6 motor, tuff country 3" suspension lift, aftermarket wheels. custom grill insert
    I have a 3" suspension lift from Tuff Country. It uses spacer blocks on rear which causes some leaf spring flexing when accelerating and when braking. This causes some problems with u-joint angle and puts extra stress on the drive train, an easy fix with a set of traction bars. The front uses spacers on the coil springs which raises the truck to the point of almost maxing the travel on the suspension which sucks when you hit bumps because there is no longer free range of motion on the upward travel. If I were to do it over I would spend the extra money and get the set-up that leaves the factory specs the same. around $1300 to $1800 depending on the make.

4. Jan 29, 2008 at 7:35 PM
    TacoSter

TacoSter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago Burbs
    Vehicle:
    Had 08 taco, in a 4runner now
    Is there a set up that keeps all the factory geometry ? I would pay more if I knew there would be no problems... reading around different forums... seems to be hit or miss:confused:

5. Jan 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Do you have a heavy front bumper or are you planniing on get a heavy duty bumper? Go with the OME set up. You can get it in light, med and heavy duty I think. This is what Toyota of Dallas sells and what I just purchased thru 4 wheel parts, in the heavy because I plan on getting the ARB bumper. Call Toyota of Dallas and they will tell you anything you need to know, most of the parts guys are members of the Toyota Trail Riders club, and are willing to help anybody with modding their trucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top