1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift or No Lift, That is the Question......

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by DUCKSHOT, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Apr 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    DUCKSHOT

DUCKSHOT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner
    I have an 01 Tacoma Prerunner (2WD) and need to redo the entire suspension. Been looking at an OME 3” lift with Dakkar leaf springs in the rear cause my rear leafs are shot. Been looking at this for a while and doing research the best I can.
    Last August I put new tires on and went a size bigger (265/75R16) and I just hit 5,000 miles. Went yesterday to get them rotated and balanced and then went to get the alignment redone cause I have a 1 year warranty. The new GM said my lower ball joints had too much play and all my shocks and struts were bad too.
    I really like the way a lifted truck looks but after seeing it will cost me twice the price of just going stock parts I am rethinking this move. Worried about new problems I may create for myself (for a 2WD) and how long it will last compared to stock equipment. I think there was a 40,000 mile warranty with the OME.
    I use this as a daily driver and pull a flat boat with it on the weekends and don’t really go off road. I plan to drive this for a long time. When something breaks on it I’m gunna fix it and keep rolling. I do have thoughts of putting and ARB locker in the rear and possibly 4X4 mod up front but that’s just an idea no idea when or if I could pull it off.
    Anyone else in a similar situation that can offer some advice it would be great seen as how I’ve never owned a lifted truck. Is that 3” really gunna be that much of a difference? Haven’t really seen a side by side shot of my truck stock and then one with my size tires and a 3” lift. Does it start as a 3” lift and settle at 2”-2.5” over time or does it start out higher?
    Anyone with a 3” lift and 265/75R16 and would never go back to stock????

Products Discussed in

To Top