1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Plan- get 5100 in front first or?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Relik, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Relik

Relik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport PreRunner-Auto-Magnetic Gray
    Bilstein 5100s (Front & ext. Rear), Eibach coils @ 0, MaxTrac 4" Spindles, Light Racing UCAs, 1/4" lean spacer, All-Pro 3" Standard leafs, u-bolt flip kit, SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers, 33" (285/70/17) TreadWright Warden A/T tires, extended lines
    Hey guys,

I know this might be the millionth thread similar but just want an OK or advise.

From reading all over this forum I've decided my goal for a lift is to do 5100s all around, eibach springs and the TSB in back with an AAL (Then tires after I wear the stockies or have funds). I don't have anything or the TSB yet. Get me good lift and nice ride which is what I want..

I'm going to the Pismo Beach (Dunes) TW run next weekend (26th) and I have an itch to mod by then. I'm thinking I can start with the front 5100s at 1.75, and schedule the TSB for next week to get the rear leafs and an alignment before the weekend.

But...Should I wait to get all four 5100s?
    Then later upgrade to eibachs and AAL (with another alignment)? I'd save $70 on rears if I get all four pkg with Downsouth Motorsports, but its spending $120 more than just the front.

2. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    OME 884X Coil Springs, CS047 Dakar Leaf Springs, 90000 Nitrocharger Sport Front Shocks and N182 Nitrocharger Rear Shocks, Light Racing UCAs, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Leer 100XQ Cap, 3/4" Plywood Carpeted Bed Platform, Thule Rack System w/4 Rocky Mounts PitchFork bike mounts, Pop & Lock PL5300, rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch Mod, Dome Light Mod, Fog Light Mod, FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0511 V2W LED Light, Go Rhino Dominator II SideSteps, HitchSafe, Console Vault, Fumoto F-103N Oil Drain Valve
    I'm kind of in the same boat...I need the spring TSB, but can't take time off work to get it done. I'm planning on installing the 5100's front and rear before I go in for the TSB, so I can get it aligned for free.

If you are thinking about the possibility of getting the 5100's for the rear, I would do it all at the same time and save the money you will end up spending on another alignment. It might actually offset the money you spend on the 5100's now...especially with the DSM discount.

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    Relik

Relik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport PreRunner-Auto-Magnetic Gray
    Bilstein 5100s (Front & ext. Rear), Eibach coils @ 0, MaxTrac 4" Spindles, Light Racing UCAs, 1/4" lean spacer, All-Pro 3" Standard leafs, u-bolt flip kit, SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers, 33" (285/70/17) TreadWright Warden A/T tires, extended lines
    I didnt't think you needed an alignment when swapping out the rear shocks since they do not add lift...?

Products Discussed in

To Top