1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift/Suspension Predicament NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 96greengoblin, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    96greengoblin

96greengoblin [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    96 Extended Cab 4x4
    Billy's on all 4 corners!
    Alright guys,

So I bought my truck a few months ago knowing it needed some shocks and struts. One of the springs ended up being cracked so I hit craigslist and got slightly used TRD progressive rate springs for $50 and brand new monroe sensa trac struts for $50 and planned on buying rear shocks when money allowed. Since purchasing these I sold my car and now have a few bucks to put into my truck. I'm thinking about buying bilstein 5100/5125's ($300 from downsouthmotorsports) and selling the struts OR using the struts I got and buying spacers to get 2.5" lift in the front. I dont want anything ridiculous and would probably set the 5100's at 1.5" to level it out. Not doing any serious offroading, hitting the dunes, fire roads etc etc. What would you do?

4 billys - selling monroe's = $260

OR

monroe's + spacers + rear shocks = $200

any advice would be helpful. dont have all the money in the world, just a high school kid heading to college next fall.

2. Mar 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    drifter

drifter moderately modded

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    good stuff
    OME 880's/Nitrochargers, Rebuilt leaf packs, diff breather extension, hole in air box, truck toolbox, panasonic stereo, Mag light mount, Glasstite canopy, Custom designed/built light bar, Hella 500's.
    You should get the bilsteins instead of the spacers. People say they're great, especially when they're not set at 2.5. Most people hate the spacers, so stay away from them if possible.

I'm kind of in you situation...I need suspension stuff, but I don't have a lot of money, and I'm going to college next year as well. :)

3. Mar 28, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    96greengoblin

96greengoblin [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    96 Extended Cab 4x4
    Billy's on all 4 corners!
    thanks guys, i kinda answered the question for myself when i actually wrote out the net cost. billys ftw. will post pics in a few weeks when shes done.

Products Discussed in

To Top