1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifted My 5 Lug For About $100!

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by MountainDrew, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jan 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM
    MountainDrew

MountainDrew [OP] 5 lug.

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver 5 lug 2wd
    30x9.5 BFGs, Pro comp la paz rims
    I've been on the 5 lug forum for a few years looking at ways to transform my Tacoma.
    Last year I installed 30 X 9.5 r15 tires and after driving around for a while I decided I wanted a lift.

I looked at Readylift for over $300 and the Fatbobs kit for over $200 and almost bought the fat bobs kit.

These seemed to be the only options at the time and they are 2.75 inch lifts. I honestly wanted a little less lift than that, so my new 30 inch tires wouldn't look tiny, and have to be upgraded again. In my opinion, I would need 31s to make 2.75" look good.

I am a college kid with not much money to my name, so I went the cheapest route when I found it.

I found a 2 inch front strut spacer designed for the 5 lug Tacoma on Ebay for $55 and I bought a Fabtech soft ride add-a-leaf springs designed for older Toyota trucks that cost about $60.(The leaves gave me about 1.5 inches lift.)

I Installed the parts myself over 2 separate days, but could honestly be done in 1 day if you are experienced with mechanical work.

Ive been driving on the lift for 3 months now and the truck is exactly how I want it to be. It has a smooth, soft ride and looks how I want it to. 30 inch tires and a 2 inch lift is a great compromise between the stock truck and the people that go much bigger with tires and lift.
    Watch my video showing the Leaf installation and overall transformation. Hope this helped with your Tacoma Transformation!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 16, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    Nice budget lift.

But wood blocks. Hmmmm. I got a 3 ton jack and jack stands (4) for 50.00 on Craigslist.

Safety first.

Az

3. Jan 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    I wash looking at the eBay spacers very closely until a fellow member hooked me up with his old one. Great write up and nice looking truck :thumbsup:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. May 23, 2022 at 4:46 AM
    BERZERK

BERZERK New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 05 5 lug Tacoma
    Custom made front spacers (4” lift) Custom rear add-a-leaf (3” lift)
    I basically lifted my 5lug for free, made my own spacers out of some pipe I cut from an old rear end housing and some 1/4” steel plates I had lying around. Worked out perfect. I welded the pipe directly to the spring hat. I’ll post some pics. And a add a leaf I got from another truck.

091BC600-5993-4072-989C-2EDE6081B98E.jpg
    CFEC26F1-448A-4FE2-8BF9-17A4088B8E8C.jpg
    2F099306-A0A7-49CA-9399-62B99324BE5F.jpg

5. May 23, 2022 at 8:02 PM
    Homeline

Homeline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 5-Lugger
    2" Leveling Kit, TRD skid plate, 16" Jeep wheels, Katzkin leather seats w/heaters, jump seat delete
    I used same spacers on the front, very pleased with them as well.

We're your u-bolts long enough for the AAL?

Products Discussed in

To Top