1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lifted pickup with toytec 3" now got vibrations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MurphyZ, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    to my knowledge everything is back where i got it. i.e. front differencial.

i took it to a local shop and they are going to adjust the carrier bearing for me and the front alignment.
    which pisses me off cuz of work and me going on this trip i have no time to even check the truck. not to mention rain!
    snoboarder, will do. ill try to track him down.

2. Feb 28, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    SnoBoarder

SnoBoarder Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    85 4Runner - Built not Bought
    For troubleshooting, this may help you out, and you may have all 3 acting simultaneously. This isn't always true, but it is a good place to start.

Steering wheel shaking: Usually a symptom of poor tire balance. Try out oem wheels and tires, or swap your front to rear, or better yet, go for a Road Force Balance. Use this Tool to locate a Hunter 9700 in your area (your toyota dealer may have one too):
    http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Floor board vibration above 30mph: Usually a symptom of the rear drive shaft u-joint angles pushed too far after lifting. Try carrier bearing drop (minimal help) and/or rear axle shims, don't guess, measure your angles. A 1 piece double cardan driveshaft and the proper axle shim usually helps or cures the vibrations.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/24518-vibration-25-45-mph.html

Droning noise and vibration around 5-20mph: Usually a symptom of the front diff position after installing a diff drop, or removing it. I've had a lot of success removing the diff drop and then adjusting the position (it only moves 1/4 inch but it can be a big factor in some cases) and torqueing the 2 mounting bolts to at least spec, 101FT LBS, is absolutely required using a big 18 inch torque wrench.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/21149-vibration-front-passenger-side.html

Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top