1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lifting a low rider back to stock

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by busch4all, May 3, 2008.

1. May 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    busch4all

busch4all [OP] Member

Member:
    Northeast Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    99 Reg cab, 2.4L, auto, lowered 3" front & 4" rear, 16" alloys off a Camry.
    Lowered 3" up front and 4 in the rear 16" Camry alloys
    I have a 99 taco 4x2 which was lowered by the previous owner. I'm in the process of raising it back up to stock or near stock. In the rear, they used spacer blocks on top the leaf springs to get a total of nearly 5" of drop. I see that there are wedges in there for pinion angle. My question is do the wedges need to be used once I take out the blocks and get it back to stock setup? Are the wedges part of the spacer kit or are they part of the stock setup?

Up front the previous owner replaced the swing arms, springs and a few other items. I'm not going to tackle that just yet. Once I do that, it anyone wants to lower their tacoma, I'll have all the parts......

Last question, the rear leaf springs have only 2 leafs per side on my rig. It seems very soft and was wondering it a stock taco has 3. It sort of looks like they may have taken out 1 leaf per side but I just haven't seen any other 2wd tacos around to compare it to. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

2. May 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    they prolly removed leafs to get extra drop. and once u take those blocks out, there shouldnt need to be any reaosn to have the shims in there for the angles.

Products Discussed in

To Top