1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting Help!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tcboss, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Apr 9, 2007 at 8:42 PM
    tcboss

tcboss [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    3 in. Revtek Lift, 33 in. M/T Open Country's,
    im thinking about lifting my 07 tacoma and don't even know where to start at..i dont want to lift it to where the truck almost flips when i turn and to where it slows it down a lot cause i love speed :) but i think i wanna lift it like 3 inches and get a new set of rims and on and off road tires does anyone have any information what i should buy and how much it will cost? i know their is the toytec lift and then the fabtech lift but i don't know all the differences and the fabtech is 1k and the toytec is like 300.00...so i want to make sure im getting the right stuff.
    thanks for the help
    tcboss

2. Apr 9, 2007 at 8:43 PM
    tcboss

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    and if any of you have pictures of your trucks (05+) please post them i would love to see what they all look like thanks

3. Apr 10, 2007 at 1:22 PM
    TacoChef

TacoChef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did the same research. Of course like anything else you pay for what you get. If I was doing serious off-road, airborne etc. better shock needed etc. I have a 4.0 V-6 TRD w/ bilstein shocks. I did not want to replace shocks. I found a 3" kit on suspensionconnection.com. It is a Tuff Country brand that includes front end parts and a rear leaf spring. You don't need new shocks.
    I am expecting it to be delivered anyday and will have it installed. I'll let you know how it goes and try to send a picture..

4. Apr 10, 2007 at 1:25 PM
    TacoChef

TacoChef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Forgot a couple things. Tuff Country lift apprx. 285.00 w/ shipping. Also looking into 16x8 rims and tire selections, but I will wait till I burn off the remaining tread. I should be able to sell factory alloy rims to help make up some of the cost.

5. Apr 10, 2007 at 11:06 PM
    tcboss

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    Black Mamba
    thanks ya i would love to see some pictures. anyone else have any information about toytec and fabtech lifts??

6. Apr 24, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    tucsontoast

tucsontoast Active Member

Member:
    I've been checking out ebay and low end lifts in the 2 to 3 inch range are running between 180 to 350 for my 07 Prerunner. I've seen some kits for less than a bill. They basically utilize an aluminum spacer for the front struts (cheaper kits use plastic spacers in front) and either a lifting block in the rear or a leaf spring. Factory Bilstein shocks are retained, but you can upgrade to a larger shock if you like, and claim you can run a 32 or 33" tire comfortably . They work on 2 or 4 wheel drive models, prerunner with the bilstein package, that is. Supposedly you retain the basic factory ride with these kits. Some of the kits advertised show pics of the kits installed, and brag that they can be installed with simple tools before lunch! Good luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Apr 25, 2007 at 5:05 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i have a 3in lift with the alum spacer and a a leaf in the rear. with th add a leaf the truck rids a little stiff but not to bad i did add skyjacker 9000 shocks to the rear also

8. Apr 25, 2007 at 7:35 PM
    tucsontoast

tucsontoast Active Member

Member:
    Hey greenbean!
    Are you running factory size tires? I'm thinking I can get away with the factory rubber with a three inch lift till it wears out and still not look like I'm about to tip over. Also, anyone out there know about ditching the tire pressure sensors (2007) and not tripping the dashlight? Or can the sensors be installed on aftermarket wheels? Local Jack Furrier's Tire Center says just live with the light. Screw that. There's got to be a better way.
    THX!

9. Apr 26, 2007 at 5:03 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i went up to 285/75/16 but it didnt look to bad or dive bad with the 265's on there

10. Feb 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    802YOTA

802YOTA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    LEAF SPRUNG SAS, 5" inch springs 5" shackles. Tacoma HIGH STEER, CHERRY BOMB 3" Straight pipe, TRIPLE CASES, 5.29s, (yeah she crawls) LOCKED FRONT AND REAR, Custom square stock front driveshaft 13" slip(been there for a year and hasnt failed yet.), Ruff Stuff 8 inch Perches, 2" RB body lift, K&N intake, Zoom high performance Kevlar clutch, herculined flares and rockers, trail gear rock sliders, rock lights.

Products Discussed in

To Top