1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting It up

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by stucksucksnayota, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Feb 12, 2008 at 8:26 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Well im sure there are a ton of threads for this already but I searched and cant find exactly what im looking for

I have a 2001 trd 4x4 double cab taco want to be able to run 33's on it and if I remember right you need about 4 inches on these trucks to run 33's.

Well if I have $1400 to drop on a lift kit i would be cause yes i know it would be the best way to go but im in college and dont have that kinda money right now so my thoughts are put in 2 inch coil spacers up front 2 inch blocks in the back and a 2 inch body lift

I know this is kinda the shitty way to do it has anyone done this or know someone who has good bad ???

Im mostly concerned about the way the truck rides i can handle a little bit rougher but i dont want it to ride like a logging truck

2. Feb 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    sweet taiwanese

sweet taiwanese Member

Member:
    i have 33 inchers on a 3 inch suspension lift no problem the only thing is tat the front tires rub alil on the chasis when u turn all the way otherwise it all good

3. Feb 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    sweet taiwanese

sweet taiwanese Member

Member:
    plus its cheaper than a 6 inch lift

4. Feb 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    What brand r u running and where is the best place to buy taco parts online at?

5. Feb 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM
    sweet taiwanese

sweet taiwanese Member

Member:
    the 3 inch lift is revtec, tires are 285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers. i dont buy parts online i go to my buddies shop few blocks down to get myself hooked up but u can try 4wheelparts.com

6. Feb 19, 2008 at 6:55 AM
    nbrugby01

nbrugby01 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner V6 Add a leaf SR5
    Chrome handles intake
    http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137
    go their and it lists all the diffrent lift options and where best to get them online. i think that you can get away with a three inch lift. im working on gething the old man emu sping kit three inch lift from toytec for about 300.
    its three inchis with a good ride and the correct price. on your 4x4 you will need a frond dif drop to and longer rear brake lines but that is about 40 bucks or so and worth it to make it all run correctly

good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top