1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting truck in stages

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by Kloy, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Apr 24, 2016 at 5:12 PM
    Kloy

Kloy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Off Road white
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to trucks in general so I am looking for some guidance. I'm looking to end up with about 2" of lift when I'm done but will be doing it in steps. I'm wondering if the steps I want to take are possible and make sense, plus I had a question on the shocks. This would be on a 2016 OR. My off roading would be trails and desert.

My first step would be Icon stage 1. I'd only have the front set to level out the truck for the time being. I would not yet have Upper control arms at this point. Would that be a problem? From what I've been reading I should be able to align on that small of a lift on the stock parts. Is this true?

My question on stage 1 is that it looks like it comes with 2.5 shocks in front and 2.0 in the rear. Is it common to use two different shock sizes and how does this affect ride on highway and on trails?

The second step I'd get an AAL or leaf pack and the UCA and lift the rear about 1.5 and the front an additional inch.

Besides possibly paying a some more for labor to get back into the front end for the UCA on the second step, is this a bad plan?

2. May 2, 2016 at 9:49 PM
    Kloy

Kloy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Off Road white
    Really I thought those coupons didn't work on certain things. I'm afraid the Fox 2.0 won't give the full 2" of lift on a 2016 though, as I've been reading that you don't get as much lift on 2016s with the same coilovers as when you put them on previous generations. That's why I'm looking into coilovers that can give a little over 2"

Products Discussed in

To Top