1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lights Mounted behind Satoshi Quesion

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheCheshire29, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    TheCheshire29

TheCheshire29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    La Habra (562)
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Off Road White
    Side steps Limo Tint on black 3 windows dark tint in front two JVC KW-AVX820 Head unit Painted dash surrounding black and center console BHLM Plasti dip Fog Sleeves, lower Valence, and Stock Rims AEM Intake Bad A$$ shifter knob Tinted Tails Illuminated cup holders and Door pockets.
    Do the lights mounted behind the satoshi work as well as lights mounted on a light bar? I would think that the grill would make the lights less useful. Or can you not really tell the difference?

2. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    TheCheshire29

TheCheshire29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    La Habra (562)
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Off Road White
    Side steps Limo Tint on black 3 windows dark tint in front two JVC KW-AVX820 Head unit Painted dash surrounding black and center console BHLM Plasti dip Fog Sleeves, lower Valence, and Stock Rims AEM Intake Bad A$$ shifter knob Tinted Tails Illuminated cup holders and Door pockets.
    damn... apparently i cant spell the word "question"

3. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i have read wear for some people can tell and some can’t. i think it depends on what mesh you go with.

and maybe a mod will fix the (question) lol

4. Jan 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    hedman

hedman The Ghost

Member:
    Canada BC
    Vehicle:
    18 DBL CAB LB TRD SPORT
    I had the grill craft and lights behind it and didn't see a difference in comparison to my last truck that had a light bar. Although it was a different set of lights so that may have changed things.

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Well most mesh is rated on its % of open area do if you get 43% open mesh you will have 57% light blocked by the grille. Now weather or not you notice is all on you. I think the expanded mesh (kinda like chicken wire) will probably show the most light through but it's ugly and I personally feel anything more open than 43% is not good looking because it shows the radiator and all the "ugly" behind the grille. Now unless you fill that whole space with lights to cover the ugly, I would juat go with a light bar.
    I thought about this alot because I wanted behind grill mounted lights but sadly I will have to go with the smarter choice in my opinion and not do it. But like I said its all up to you.

6. Jan 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    bootboiler

bootboiler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Camberg UCA's, locking tailgate, hid driving lights, B 5100's, OME HD Leafs, bud built plates, Relentless rear bumper, sliders with kick, breathers on pumpkins, satochi grill, bed lights, JVC 730BT Head Unit, Finch Four Wheel Camper FWC, 1Up bike rack, 265/75 16 tires
    Must resist spending money on form over function! ARGhhhhh.....

Products Discussed in

To Top