1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little Red Turbo Creeper

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by unstpible, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Apr 24, 2023 at 10:27 PM
    unstpible

unstpible [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 boosted V6 Auto 334k miles
    CX Racing Turbo kit TransGo shift kit All Pro Apex bumper and skids Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch All Pro Upper control arm's Bilstein 6112's with 600lb coils Eimkeith's lower control arm reinforcement plates with Perry Parts bump stops All Pro spindle gussets and alignment cam tabs All Pro standard 3" leaf springs Bilstein 5125's rear Extended rear brake line Rear diff breather relocation MagnaFlow catback with resonator Bluetooth stereo Memphis 6x9 door speakers with tweeters Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Amber fog lights Single piece headlights aftermarket grille Anzo taillights LED 3rd brake light 4runner sunglass holder and dome lights Master Tailgaters rear view mirror with 3 directional cameras, G shock sensors, and anti theft system Honda windshield washer nozzles Stubby antenna Scan Guage II 2nd Gen Snowflake wheels powder coated black Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 235-75/16 Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Speedytech7's big wire harness upgrade Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
    Lbj's are new

GoJo[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Apr 25, 2023 at 8:39 AM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    I just realized that I didn't take pictures of the other portion of the DP (the one that actually attached to the turbo first) seen here:

upload_2023-4-25_9-38-50.jpg

its all sorts of custom curved but let me know if you need more pictures

20230425_093428.jpg

MarX and unstpible[OP] like this.
  3. Apr 25, 2023 at 3:14 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    CX Racing Turbo kit TransGo shift kit All Pro Apex bumper and skids Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch All Pro Upper control arm's Bilstein 6112's with 600lb coils Eimkeith's lower control arm reinforcement plates with Perry Parts bump stops All Pro spindle gussets and alignment cam tabs All Pro standard 3" leaf springs Bilstein 5125's rear Extended rear brake line Rear diff breather relocation MagnaFlow catback with resonator Bluetooth stereo Memphis 6x9 door speakers with tweeters Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Amber fog lights Single piece headlights aftermarket grille Anzo taillights LED 3rd brake light 4runner sunglass holder and dome lights Master Tailgaters rear view mirror with 3 directional cameras, G shock sensors, and anti theft system Honda windshield washer nozzles Stubby antenna Scan Guage II 2nd Gen Snowflake wheels powder coated black Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 235-75/16 Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Speedytech7's big wire harness upgrade Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
    I'm pretty sure ill end up with a mandrel bent piece of pipe it's just good to know what to expect before hand. I just want to slap it together already

MarX and GoJo[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Apr 25, 2023 at 8:23 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Same! I may be starting cinco de mayo weekend now! Recently learned that we can register 60 days prior to expiration, so that pushes up my timeline for getting emissioned and registered stock one last time to next week at some point.

Installed Transgo last weekend as well, so some of my major prep work is done already Turbo time is that much closer!

MarX and unstpible[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  5. Apr 25, 2023 at 8:27 PM
    Speedytech7

Speedytech7 Toyota Cult Ombudsman

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    5520 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212
    Vehicle:
    93 80 Series LC & 96 Turbo V6 Taco 4WD
    I've done a mod or two
    How does this all work with emissions for you guys? WA abandoned the emissions checking, was costing them money to keep the lights on with how many new efficient cars are in the state now.

6. Apr 25, 2023 at 8:50 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Utah is weird, it varies county to county here. Only the 5 or so largest have emissions testing at all, the rest would just be registration only now that Utah dropped safety a few years back. Which I thought I just saw some data released that essentially said there has been no increase in safety related issues on the road since its removal. I don't think emissions will follow suite, because more counties keep implementing it as time goes on.

As for the emissions testing itself, I believe they just check obdii and possibly manually check a cat is there, I don't think they actually sniff test but thats just me assuming. I wouldn't be surprised if they did in the SLC valley at least where I currently am. I typically just go to the Toyota dealership close to me, so they may follow the book more closely :shrug This is also something I am planning to learn more specifically about come this time next year, to understand if I will pass with the new intended exhaust set up or if I will need to keep and modify my current stock set up to hook up to the turbo DP for testing purposes only, its double cat'd so should have no issues.

Speedytech7[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:11 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    I had to get my 90's civic sniff tested in Davis county back in high school but where I'm at now has no emissions or safety. As long as it's got insurance they will gladly take your tax fee's

Speedytech7[QUOTED] and GoJo like this.
  8. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:14 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    lucky! Cache Valley where I came from even has it now, so I can't even use a relatives address haha.

Im really hoping they don't do the sniff test or I find someone who doesn't and work around that... but either way nothing some denatured alcohol can't handle if so. All the more reason I wanted to pass one last time stock, give me more time to solution, didn't want to be up against that and getting the turbo all set up and going and all that

unstpible[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:23 PM
    Speedytech7

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    Vehicle:
    I've done a mod or two
    Register in North Dakota?

10. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:24 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Did your 10an oil return flange you got from siliconintakes fit your turbo? Mine doesn't, turbo mounting holes are narrower than that t3/t4 oil return flange, im going to drill out new holes and see if that will work or just use the one that came with the turbo and run a short bit of hose to then connect up to the PTFE line.

unstpible[OP] likes this.
  11. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:27 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    They don't care about residency? Just did quick search and you have to be in person, no online services haha, thats a long drive

12. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:29 PM
    Speedytech7

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    Vehicle:
    I've done a mod or two
    You can send a representative there for you. There's some companies that'll go in your stead for you

GoJo[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:33 PM
    Speedytech7

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    Vehicle:
    I've done a mod or two
  14. Apr 25, 2023 at 9:35 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
  15. Apr 27, 2023 at 7:42 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    @Speedytech7 I'd prefer to keep my current license plate

@GoJo I have not tested it. Maybe I'll do a bit of dry fitting this weekend. I've got to talk with a guy again tomorrow about the down pipe and a few things. I also found a shop right down the road with a Dino so I'll probably be talking to them in the near future. You may have heard of them, they recently made some changes to the Smokestang for Westen Champlin.

I could smell tire smoke from my bedroom window and they were on the other side of an 8 acre field

16. Apr 27, 2023 at 9:03 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Yea, the oil return flange holes on my turbo were 1.5 inch on center, the flange fitting from siliconintakes was 2 inch. I found another one that will work, or ill just drill more holes.

Nice, I know of Westen Champlin but didn't know he did his dyno stuff in Utah. That smoke stang is pretty sweet!

17. Apr 27, 2023 at 10:22 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    The guys at Power Driven Diesel slapped a new built motor with a giant snail in it. I've also got a friend of a friend driving around town in a truck they did the motor in.

Sucks about the AN fitting, there's probably something else out there to fit correctly. I'll have to bust out the caliper and take some measurements

GoJo[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Apr 28, 2023 at 5:17 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    I looked all over for that an fitting for the oil drain line and couldn't figure out where the hell I put it and then found it in a bag of hardware I planned on not using so I guess I noticed it was a bad fit at some point IMG_20230428_170912.jpg
    That thing is too big and too small at the same time

MarX likes this.
  19. Apr 28, 2023 at 5:19 PM
    GoJo

GoJo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    haha right! Isn't the diameter too small as well? I think could make it work drilling mounting holes the right 1.5 apart, but the diameter of the drain was also questionable

20. Apr 28, 2023 at 9:20 PM
    unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    It was bad all around I'd trust the supplied barb fitting over that ANy day

Products Discussed in

To Top