1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Little water crossing...and following a jeep

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by DetroitDarin, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Jun 10, 2021 at 5:40 PM
    DetroitDarin

DetroitDarin [OP] Specified

Member:
    York County PA
    Scratches and Whatnot
    A couple weeks ago I got my first water-crossing in the books. Sounds goofy - but I just hadn't been around things like this, so I dove right in....

Dove in after seeing three other trucks (though on 35" tires and snorkels, compared to mine on 33s with the air intake right at the seam of the hood and grill)...but was still kinda neat.

Earlier in the day a Jeep with 33s and lockers was trying to get past this muddy bypass of a much harder obstacle. My girl and i make commentary and as the jeep and i have the same tires (wildpeak m/ts) (though his are 11.5" wide to my truck's 10" wide tires) I thought i'd struggle. I think it's a combo of wheelbase (kept the back wheels out of the worst part of it until the front wheels cleared it) and picking a different line - the jeep driver is the guy at the end celebrating for me :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. Dec 4, 2021 at 7:31 PM
    herrindude

herrindude 1996 2.4 extra cab auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Fairhope al
    Vehicle:
    2021 dclb sr5
    ARE camper shell
    Looks like fun, but would be scared to put my new truck thru that much water l, so cudos to you.

DetroitDarin[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top