1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Load Rite Utility Trailer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pugga, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Anyone got one? How do you like it? I'm looking at a 4x8 trailer for sale local to me (the bed is a little bigger than 4x8 so it'll actually fit full sized lumber). It's galvanized so it won't rust. Payload 1,800 lbs. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

2. river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    4x8 is good size to start with I got a 4x6 and it sucks to dam small.. Was looking today but dam they have gone up from 07 prices.. Jim

3. Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I hear ya! I just lost the bid on Ebay for the Load Rite. It went over $400 for an older, used trailer that only goes for $1,000 new so I stopped bidding. I mainly want it for lumber since I have a shell. I figure 4x8 and 2k lb capacity would be managable to tow and small enough to store in a back corner of the yard. You're right though, prices are pretty high for a good, quality trailer.

4. Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I ended up getting a 5x10 load rite trailer. It's galvanized steel so it should hold up well in the northeast. It seems pretty stout and tracks well. The one I bought ended up having a wiring issue so it blew out my rear lights and console lights (ended up towing the trailer home a night with no trailer lights :mad:). Overall, seems like a good little trailer. I'll put it through it's paces this summer and see how it handles being loaded down.

5. Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    5x10 sounds like a just right size trailer, I got a JV 6x10 and it's good and all, but sometimes I wish I had something just a little smaller like a 4x8( just as long. A sheet of plywood can lay inside with a little room) or a 5x10.

To Top