1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Local radio shop selections...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Robocop, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    I just visited my local radio shop and the owner went over a few things with me. He was really suprised at the horrible look of the factory sub enclosure on my 2009 and laughed at the silly speakers in the headliner.

His suggestion is to keep the factory enclosure however remove the weird X shape design on the front as well as the funky blue light in the middle. He says I may can use the actual factory sub or if I want replace it with another. He also suggested a component system up front with new speakers and door tweeters and of course a new head unit.

I believe he had a complete system of speakers called 'Arsenal" or something like that. I know nothing of modern stereo options however I do know I have to keep my access cab rear section available. Has anyone here been able to remove the factory sub enclosure on the 2009 and if so can the weird looking X thing on the front be removed and keep the actual box in place??

I also toyed with the idea of adding rear speakers in the actual access doors like the 08 models. The radio shop said if I went with a good system up front I would not really need the rears other than a small sub for a little kick down low. Seems like the place is trying to keep the cost down and has not tried to sale me things I do not need at least.

So if there are any here much better than me at toying with this stuff can you look at your factory box and see if I can simply remove the front section. The shop was closing and did not have time to mess with it so I tried to remove it when I got home.....no luck as I cant figure out how to get it off.

Products Discussed in

To Top