1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lock/Unlock Buzzer Downgrade

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sidehack, May 12, 2010.

1. May 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    Sidehack

Sidehack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Long Bed Sport
    Black Westin Oval Step Bar, Blacked out tail lights, ScanGuageII
    Last week I ordered the Taco Buzzer from Moerse Lekker Sales. It got a nice review here. The shipping was quick, and the instructions very easy to follow. I was a bit concerned because the unit I received looked like a downgrade from the one pictured on the web site. I was put off by the screws holding the buzzer on. They looked corroded. I sent an email to the seller expressing my concern, and did not receive a reply.

Today I installed the buzzer. The install was straight forward and easy. After hooking up the wires I tested it by locking and unlocking the doors. It chirped nicely. A few hours later I went out to drive the wife somewhere and with the engine running, the buzzer buzzed the entire time. I got under the hood and tried the other switch positions (it now has a cheap three position metal switch). The best I could do was switch it off. It appears to not understand to not chirp when the engine is running, since the turnsignal are running lights on my '07, this is a problem.

Below are the pictures of the unit from the web site (black two position switch), and the one I received (silver three position switch).

Hopefully the seller will go back to his orginal design.

BUZZER.jpg
    buzzer new.jpg

2. May 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thats a bummer. Mine looks kinda like the pic on right, but with the switch on the one on the left. Mine works perfectly. Perhaps you would like to re-check what fuse you tapped into?

3. May 27, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    RickO

RickO Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab
    Intermittent wipers Alternating Turn Signals / Markers Tail gate theft mod 4x4 illumination mod
    I have the same problem. It chirps nicely when the engine is off but when you start the truck the buzzer comes on and stays on. Has anyone fixed this?

4. May 27, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    I just got a cheap buzzer from radio shack and it worked just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top