1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Locking steering??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by fmb, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Feb 5, 2007 at 3:13 PM
    fmb

fmb [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario CANADA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD, RED of course
    TRD CAI, 4x4 switch led upgrade, front bed rings, tailgate lock, paw/nose prints from the dogs.
    Hey Group,

I haven't been able to find any reference to this question so far.
    Does everyone have to turn the steering 180 degrees over (either left or right) to get the steering wheel to lock when the keys are out? The Rav we have locks right at the top when you pull the key. This isn't a big deal but it is a bit annoying and after reading about the Taco brother who had his new truck stolen a little while ago, every bit helps.
    07 access cab TRD Off Road.
    And to the Taco brother in South Cal hope it all works out and our thoughts are with you--hope yo're behing the wheel again soon--keep us posted.

Thanks, FMB

2. Feb 10, 2007 at 9:09 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    i do it as a habit but does this guarantee my vehicle's security i'm not quite sure. planning on upgrading my alarm not a good idea (unsure about the personnel messing up my "Diva's" wiring my insurance however does guarantee a vehicle just like my "Diva" if anything happens. (hoping not to happen to my 'Diva". hope this info helps

3. Feb 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    choptop

choptop Molōn labe!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    n-fab side steps, TSB 4 leaf rear springs, Bilstein 5100s front/rear, Eibach coils, weathertechs, Metalmiller Skidplate
    Yes, and today is the first time I discovered the wheel would actually lock. For a while I thought either the steering lock was broken or I was just a 'tard. Looks like the latter.:D

To Top