1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Shipping from US to Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by PawelB, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Dec 11, 2021 at 1:57 PM
    PawelB

PawelB [OP] Amor patriae nostra lex

Member:
    Edmonton, AB
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR, DC-SB, AT
    Hello, I was wonder if anybody else experiences extra long shipping delays? Bought N2 remote start, it is being shipped by USPS, last record is in LA on November 22….as far as I know I can’t track it once it switches to Expresspost in Canada .wonder if this has to do with BC floods, I’m in Edmonton, AB. Thanks!

2. Dec 11, 2021 at 1:59 PM
    DingleTower

DingleTower My truck is like yer truck

Member:
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    Pro MT - Lunar Rock
    Guarantee it is because of the floods.

I've had a few things coming USPS/CP stuck in limbo in Burnaby since the floods.

You should be able to track the same number through Canada Post though.

Edit: maybe I shouldn't guarantee it but shipping across the border was slow before the floods as well. The floods just added another hurdle.

3. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM
    DavesTaco68

DavesTaco68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Thompson, BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD
    - ICON UCAs, BP51/Kings, SCS wheels, 285 KO2s, Leer 100XR canopy. Greenlane aluminum winch bumper, Smittybilt X20 winch.
    I ordered a few things from a company and they used USPS, everything international gets sent to LA, for some reason before heading to Canada. My order took way longer than if they used fedex or UPS. It should make it to you but USPS is slow compared to everyone else. I recently ordered from SDHQ and they used UPS and it was quick, within the week I received my order.

4. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM
    bodean

bodean Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Crowsnest Pass, AB
    Vehicle:
    02 Taco RCSB, 16 Taco AC6MT, 07 FJC, 22 Bronco

If it’s a USPS tracking number you can jam it into Canada Post and it usually works.

5. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:17 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    The USPS delays are unfortunately not a new trick. We had issues last year during this same time where things would be shipped out, but then wouldn't move for 20+ days. I've got a friend that works for USPS in Denver and he said they had something like 200 semis worth of mail that they had no idea when they would ever get to.

6. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM
    wiljayhi

wiljayhi “nobody’s business if I do…”

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Murky Water, MB, eh?
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 ORSB, Tuned
    If you’re using the Canada Post tracking app, it starts tracking the item once it gets accepted by USPS (mailed in US). If the last scan indicated that the item hasn't left the US yet, it may be that Canada Post has put a hold on international items coming into BC. Maybe there’s a problem moving anything because of the floods. Or it could be that it missed the “item left originating country and is on it’s way to Canada” scan. If it’s coming to the BC gateway it will be longer duration anyway.

7. Dec 11, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    PawelB

PawelB [OP] Amor patriae nostra lex

Member:
    Edmonton, AB
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR, DC-SB, AT
    Thanks for your replays, just anxious to get it as the temperatures are dropping in the Prairies :)
    Will try the tracking number on the Canada Post site

8. Dec 11, 2021 at 3:33 PM
    Magiriano

Magiriano Underdog by Doekter TUNED

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD PRO 2023 Tacoma TRD PRO MT
    Westcott Front lift with Eibach Pro Coils, Icon AAL rear, 17" Rims on 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 Load Range E, Full PPF Clear Wrap, Diff breater relocation, Greenlane Offroad Stump Bumper, Greenlane Offroad full engine skidplate, Greenlane Offroad Transmission Skidplate, RA Motorsports Gas Tank Skidplate, DEFA Trickle Charger with Cab Heater, CBI DOM 120 Rock Sliders, Greenland Offroad cab height Box Rack, Sherpa Roof Rack with Baja Designs S8 Lightbar, Tailgate lock, Underdog Tune by Doekter TUNED
    You should be able to track it in Canadapost if it's sent by USPS, using the same tracking number.
    So USPS to the birder, then Canadapost.
    But.
    Canadapost is completely fudged due to the floods, 8m expecting a parcel, that arrived to Calgary on Nov 6 then sent to Montreal for processing.
    I'm in Calgary..
    Go on Canadappst website or App and open a support ticket ASAP

9. Dec 13, 2021 at 2:04 PM
    willeneum

willeneum Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Interested to hear your experience on this when you get it all installed. I'm contemplating getting the N2 also when/if the OEM remote start (lock, lock, long lock hold) stops working.

Products Discussed in

To Top