1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

longtravel project ......commence!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TACOMAN22, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Feb 27, 2008 at 11:21 PM
    TACOMAN22

TACOMAN22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    Debadged TRD offroad, bhlm, black surround grill,
    K&N drop in air filter,flowmaster 40 series, blue interior neon, bhlm, color matched grill, alpine head unit w/ infinity reference series speakers, insane driver.....
    alright guys need some help here... starting to go for a long travel from stock......should be a long journey and i need some input. Can i do this is parts as in buying the coilovers, then the leaf packs, then the back resevoirs etc.... or do i have to do it all at once? also im pretty sure i want to go with the donahoe( icon vehicle dynamics whatever) c/o's unless you guys can think of something better, then im gonna get the camburg LT kit i think....thanks guys..:D im pretty pumped for this!

2. Feb 28, 2008 at 7:08 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Sweet!! You've got a heck of a project ahead of you but from everything I hear you'll be VERY happy with the payoff! :thumbsup:

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to go in stages like you mention. I believe the long-travel kit requires coil-overs with 8" of travel. If the 'hoes have that covered, they'll work as both a short-term solution for lifting the front and for your future plans. Lifting the rear is cake so don't sweat that.

Expect to spend a decent amount of time in the alignment shop since you'll be altering the suspension geometry multiple times. Just something to factor in when estimating total cost for the project.

Don't forget the cost of fenders and paint in your project. Most LT guys run these:
    http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/shop/product.php?productid=81&cat=22&page=1

You should also head over to ttora.com and SEARCH. Seriously, search the hell out of that site before posting anything. We're a fun, knowledgeable, helpful bunch around here. They are too but they won't hesitate to rip your virtual head off for asking a question that's already been answered elsewhere. :devil:

Some serious rigs on that site, and there's a whole section dedicated to LT suspensions: Good luck with your build! Keep us posted on the progress, and as always, post pictures!

3. Feb 28, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    DEZ

DEZ Member

Member:
    santa barbara ca
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner 2wd
    Sounds good im working on the same long travel suspension on my truck, there is no problem building the front and rear at different times.

Camburg is a grate co. but i have seen allot of tacos done up w/ total chaous kits.

Products Discussed in

To Top