1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Look what I walked out to this morning!

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by VolcomTacoma, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Oh Joy! When it rains it pours!

What was already the start of a bad day...just got worse! Got home late last night, had class until 10, got home and there was zero parking up and down my entire street, so I had to park one street over, along the freeway. Bad Move, Jeff. Went to move my truck this morning closer to the house...found this. Nothing was really stolen I don't think...I think they were hoping for like mounds of cash laying around or something.

They emptied my center console, doesn't look like anything was stolen...other than like 2 1/2 years worth of change lol, my Ipod is still here (thank's I was looking for that). my Hella 500's with HID conversion and ballasts are still in the backseat...My Ultra Rim's are still in the Bed, and OMG I smacked myself, I left my toolbox unlocked...nothing was touched in there...

They bashed in the passenger side window...already got a quote for $159 for OEM replacement (not the chinese shit).

And, to top it off, the douchebags that did this, not only scratched the paint next to the window (assholes) but when they didn't find anything good, they threw all my registration stuff over the fence next to the truck...which is right next to the freeway lol. So i had to walk like 2 blocks down the road to find a gate so i could hop the fence and walk back to get my registration lol.

Oh, what a day. Oh and I fucked up my unemployment claim, so they are only paying me like 70$ a week right now. Booya.

So Congrat's Douchebag thieves, You got about 17$ in change lol.

IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg

2. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    The Traveler

The Traveler Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    Bastards...Glad nothing of real value was stolen, but then again that's such a pain in the ass. I'm surprised the wheels are still there! :eek:

3. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    God damn that sucks dude...f***ing douche bags...:rant:

4. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    damn petty thief crack heads!!!

5. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    This is exactly the reason why I don't leave anything in any vehicle. I bet they got all paranoid in the middle of it and just took off and left the valuables either that or it was laundry day.

6. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Seriously lol. Oh well, the wife agreed to park her '98 CRV on the street on late nights from now on lol, so I can park in our underground garage when there's no parking that late. I called the police to at least file a report, and the dispatcher couldn't get me off of the phone fast enough...jeez. The time she spent walking me through how to file a report online, probably could have just filed it right then and there...but whatev lol.

7. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Hopefully the crack dealer they went to with 17 bucks in change slapped them around for you. Sorry for your luck op

8. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    ^Hopefully :D

9. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Fuck, sorry to hear this man :(

10. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Motherfucking thieves! I have a plan for one when I catch someone.

11. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    That sucks man, least nothing of value was taken. My old truck got broken into in front of my rent house in college and they stole all my stereo stuff along with the cd player. Made me feel violated and sick. Glad I got rid of that truck. If you had a cb they might of taken that. Also another good reason not to leave a gun in your truck.

12. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Yea, I just bought a gun vault for the house a few weeks ago, had my gun in its little carry safe in the back for the longest time...glad I finally took that out! What's really weird...my alarm was still activated....so they broke the window...but no alarm...all the doors still locked. Guess I should have spree'd for a better alarm system. Stupid dealer joke of an alarm.

13. Jan 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 DC long bed TRD silver streak
    Have you made a police report?

Do you have full coverage?

You should file the police report so that the incident is documented, and perhaps call your insurance agent.

The window replacement cost isn't bad at $160, but that scratch in the paint is on both doors and might be more expensive to repair than you would expect. I would recommend taking the truck to a reputable body shop and getting a repair recommendation and quote. It looks like it may be down to the sheet metal, and if left unpainted, could cause rust in the future (more cost to you and loss of value on the truck).

Additionally, if they come to replace the window, and something inside the door is damaged, you can add that as well. Pretty often, a thief will try to pry a window down first and could damage the window motor. (When my civic was burglarized a few years back, the window itself was in tact, but it never rolled all the way up again.)

Depending on your insurance deductible, you should decide whether or not it's worth it for you to file a claim, considering the cost of the window, body/paint repair, and items stolen (I know it was just change, but money is money).

Having the police report is helpful, because if you remember in two days that there was something else in your truck that is gone, the report can be amended with that information. It kinda sounds like you had a pretty good variety of stuff in your truck.

Edit: Just saw you made the report.

14. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    cbassd

cbassd Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sebastian
    Nor cal Davis
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma
    tc uca, 2.5 icon coilovers with resis, trd supercharger,flow master,u-bolt flip kit,,, all-pro standard pack leaf springs,10 inch travel 2.0 fox shocks with remote resis,21inch led bar,ham and cb radio,4xinnovation sliders, custom from bumper, prp bucket seats and deist 5-point harness

Damn dude that sucks,,, I had the same situation last night I parked like down the street from where I live I parked on a Main Street I couldn't sleep I was scared I was going to get jacked so when I went to move my truck closer to my house and luckily everything was fine on my truck after seeing your situation I'm not doing this again I'm gonna keep my truck close to my house

15. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Actually, I never made the report, I TRIED to, but the dispatcher just told me to do it online. honestly, the scratch I'm not super worried about, I've got a multitude of them from offroading...but Good tip on the window motor, I'll make sure the guy checks it out when he replaces it.

16. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    tsup74

tsup74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab
    Extang Solid Fold, pop and lock
    F'N THUGS.....
    HUMANITY IS FALLING APART

17. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    So crazy they didn't take anything but your change. Seriously wtf. Must not have been druggies, because I would have figured they would have stolen anything of value to sell for drug money. Kind of a weird break-in. Maybe next time leave a bag of quarters on the seat like cookies for Santa and they will leave the rest alone?

18. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Haha I know right? I looked through the majority of stuff, and it doesn't look like anything was stolen. I mean, I'm not tooting my own horn, but I do get complimented on my truck often, so I'm guessing they assumed I was super rich to have such a good looking truck and also assumed I just drove around with loose hundred dollar bills floating around all over the place. Just wads of them.

19. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    thats sucks donkey *&^s, sorry Jeff.

20. Jan 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    To OP, sorry for your hassle, but be glad it was not stolen and taken for a "joy ride" and then trashed. This happened to my first Toyota pickup, a nice little 2WD standard cab that had been so reliable got stolen from a strip mall parking lot while my Daughter was working there. It was found 4 days later dented all over, stripped out, and no wheels. It was not an expensive truck but a good reliable vehicle that until then looked fine, now totalled out by the insurance people. That was a good 15 years ago, still a sour memory....

Best of luck getting yours back in tip top condition my friend!

Products Discussed in

To Top