1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking at a Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by porsche2nr, May 20, 2007.

  1. May 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM

    porsche2nr [OP] New Member

    May 20, 2007
    Hey guys, I dont own a Tacoma yet as I'm trying to trade in my 05 Xterra. I know that I want a double cab auto as of right now but I have a couple of questions if somebody could answer. Whats the difference between the TRD and SR5 packages? I drive about 90 percent on paved roads and the other 10 percent on "improved" trails. Should the diff lock be sufficent or would it be better to go ahead and get the 4wd? I rarely use the 4wd on the Xterra. Are there any reputable dealers around the Artesia New Mexico area 88210? So far I only found 2. Thanks for any help you can give me.

  2. May 20, 2007 at 8:52 PM

    EvilBetty Well-Known Member

    Apr 24, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Welcome to TW!

    The diff lock is only usable for short duration up to 5MPH... so if traction is of concern go with the 4x4. The diff lock will bail you out of a stuck position.

Products Discussed in

To Top