1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking at buying an ARB winch bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xGManx, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    xGManx

xGManx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    South
    Vehicle:
    06 DC LB
    black rims, blacked out grille, blacked out exhaust tip, 5100's 1.75" with 2" rear block, pioneer head unit
    Hey everyone, I've been looking around at the ARB winch bumper threads because i'm considering buying one so i have a few questions.
    1. DO stock fog lights work in the fog light holes in the bumper? i thought i read somewhere that they did
    2. Has anyone had any problems with these bumpers? everything ive read has been positive so im just wondering
    3. and im running 5100's on the front with stock coils and stock rear leafs and shocks, i read that someone put an ARB winch bumper on and it folded their shocks cause it weighs like 200+lbs. my shocks are set at 1.75" btw

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    2011TacoSport4x4

2011TacoSport4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 OME 3" lift
    OME 3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N Intake, bestop, ARB Locker, 4:56 gears, ARB Deluxe bumper, Warn 8000lb winch, Synthetic line, Rock sliders, exhaust relocation done, All Pro standard 3" leaf packs, Timbren Bump stops, Extended brake lines, Pioneer dual din DVD, Pioneer door speakers, Ultra Gauge, BAMF Lower LCA Skids.
    I also have the same questions! I have ome 885 coils and the bumper is 130 pounds.

3. Dec 15, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    885 with a DBC is not enough for that bumper. You'll need the 886's for sure.

Stock fogs will not work. No issues putting it on. Wiring was a bitch, but entirely do able.
    I had it on with my stock coils and struts. Made it squat an inch more than stock height. Didn't break anything, but I wasn't offroading with it.

Can't answer the question pertaining to the 5100s. If in doubt buy some 886s with nitrochargers. Made by the same company and to work in conjunction with the bumper.

The bumper weighs 130lbs, but then add the skid plate, all the hardware and the mounting plate and you're much closer to 200lbs.

Products Discussed in

To Top