1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking at new bikes.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Don5352, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Sep 29, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    Don5352

Don5352 [OP] Liberty or Death

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC TRD OR
    Some really cool shit
    Had a 2008 BMW X-Country 650 single that I bought new. Sold it in December. Wouldn't you know it, now I'm being transferred to a different work site and will need a bike. Liked the look of the Ducatti Scrambler Icon. Took it out for a spin at my local Dealer. Was surprised that it didn't seem to have much more power than my BMW. Felt like it was reaching top end at 85. Here in California people are doing 80 on a regular basis. I need to be able to keep up, and have little in reserve in case I need to get away from tards. So, maybe the Ducatti is out. That and the high price of service. Went to the local Yamaha Dealer today. Sorry. No test rides. WTF? I hadn't bought a bike since that 2008, and after the Ducatti dealer let me ride anything I wanted, I figured that was the case everywhere. How the hell are you going to know if you like the bike if all you can do is sit on it? Sheesh.

2. Oct 5, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    Edgar

Edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR 2wd DCSB MGM
    Wow that’s crap about the Yamaha dealer. Find another one if you can and check out the FZ-09, and even FZ-07 while you’re there. I had an FZ-07 and it was adequate for SoCal freeways

3. Oct 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    iamjase

iamjase Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Pro Solar Octane
    I've had a few motorcyle dealers tell me no test rides. A secret to test driving a certain bike is to negotiate price, submit an app for financing. Try to go all in on the bike and more times than not they will let you test it out. Should we have to go through that, no but some dealers just don't let people test drive unless they know they are serious about that bike. You can also try and go when they have demo days, they have a bunch of bikes for you to test ride.

4. Oct 30, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    AgedFlatulence

AgedFlatulence Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCommiefornia
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 Quicksand
    OVTune 4.88 Kings remote w/adjustment Add a Leaf 2"lift RCI Skids RCI Differential Cover RCI lower A arm covers Demello sliders Snugtop windoors Yakima Skyline TRD Pro Grill knockoff 265r75/16 Falken ATW3 Anytime camera Recovery gear
    Yamaha has demo days. Check out their web page under Demo Events, they have two upcoming.
    https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/pages/try-a-yamaha

I had a FZ-07 which was great, but I found it a little small for me. But I see many on freeway. I upgraded to a FJ-09 which is much better for me on the freeway. Of course more money than the 07.

Products Discussed in

To Top