1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking at new taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by denizen, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2011 at 3:37 AM
    denizen

denizen [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi guys, i am actually looking at getting a new tacoma truck with the accesscab and 4 banger. I have a fullsize truck for pulling but looking for a good dd for hauling me and my tools to jobsites(stonemason). The tough part is i will have to trade in my 2010 wrx. I love the car and she is great in the snow but i am limited were I can go with ground clearance and no space for tools so i guess the tacoma would do. Any of you guys with the new tacoma's with 4 bangers could tell me how how like them it would be great.

2. Mar 25, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    welcome and............

3. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    oldranger821

oldranger821 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fort Walton Beach, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Quicksand SR5 V6
    Just got mine 3 days ago. I love it. 4 banger Accesscab with SR5 package. Seems very strong and would be good to haul you and your tools and stuff. dont know that I would tow anything heavier than a small boat and trailer. That is just my opinion, don't have a boat to tow. Mine is just a ride and light hauling from the home improvement stores to the house.

4. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

5. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    proff49

proff49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Webster, Ohio
    Got mine 5 days ago and so far it's great. The hitch came 2 days ago but haven't got it on yet. I don't think pulling a reasonable load in a single axle trailer will be any problem. It won't set any speed records but the engine feels like it has enough torque to handle the trailer rating of the truck pretty easy.

I'm a little uneasy about some of the problems I've read about, especially how soon people are having them. I guess only time and miles will tell. If I do have some of the problems hopefully my dealer will take care of it.

6. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    denizen

denizen [OP] New Member

Member:
    What problems? I was under the impression that they were a real solid truck.

7. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    proff49

proff49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Webster, Ohio
    Quick to rust, weak rear leaf springs, squeaky blower fans just to mention a few. Look around the forum and you'll find more. Don't get me wrong. I think it's probably the best truck in its class or I wouldn't have bought it. Other makes certainly have there problems also.

Products Discussed in

To Top