1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a new Header

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Doc, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    Doc

Doc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Orange County
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    im trying to stay under $200 and it needs to be able to plug into the bottom of my ipod... i have a 2004 tacoma... any suggestions would be appreciated i want to know what you guys have that you like

2. Feb 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I would say an Alpine iDA-X303.
    Controls were built specifically with the iPod in mind, and transferring between playlists and songs is by far the easiest I have seen. Be sure to look at the percentage and alphabet search, which puts this head and shoulders above other single-DIN decks for searching
    This unit offers 3 sets of preouts, so if you ever get the mind to expand to amplifiers, you will have a much easier time and a deck that's ready for the upgrade.
    Note that it has no CD player. Do you really want to lug those CD's around when you have an iPod?
    I have an iDA-X100 so I'm slightly biased on this point.
    Price looks to be $200 or less from Crutchfield, and they are usually the most spendy place to buy.

My other vote tends to be Pioneer (since at this level you can't get into the Premiere line), but I haven't liked the latest rendition to the multi-control dial - too easy to push in the wrong direction. Pioneer is also much harder to skip through songs, as there's no percentage search - this means lots and lots of dialing. I used to have a DEH-P690UB and it's a chore to use with the iPod. However, controls were very logical and accessible.

I won't list everyone to avoid, but one that you might not know is that you should avoid Sony. They stopped making a quality product after folding up the mobileES line.

3. Feb 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    you can pick up a nice alpine for less than two bills

i have the cda 9884. works great and comes with an ipod cable

Products Discussed in

To Top