1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a video editing software

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Forster46, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dec 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Obviously I'm not gonna be finding a good one that has decent features plus HD capability for free, but farely cheap would be nice. This will basically only be for editing stuff I screen record, and maybe gopro. But I'll probably be using the gopro software from their website.

I found this http://www.amazon.com/Corel-VSPRX6ENMBAM-VideoStudio-Pro-X6/dp/B00BFNCFZ4/ref=dp_ob_title_sw it looks like it has more then I will need, I might even get the X3 version for only $10 because it looks like it still has everything I will need. I took a couple video editing classes back in school using final cut pro, but I don't have a mac and that program is waaay too complicated for me. And I do not want to use movie maker.

Edit: I watched a few youtube videos on both X3 and X6 to see what you could do. As far as several features, they look pretty much the same as far as ease of use.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Dec 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    anyone?

3. Dec 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    bump bump bump bump bump

4. Dec 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Well I downloaded the trial for X6, and it freezes and closes whenever I hit play.... I loaded clips to try and make a project, and when I hit play to preview it, it freezes! Every single time!! Is my computer just not good enough to run this program? All I did to the clips was speed them up, nothing else. It's really annoying that the first task I try is impossible..

5. Dec 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Im hoping some ppl will respond. im also looking for same software as you. I have a gopro and its not easy with it being mp4

6. Dec 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    The gopro software on their website seems to have all the features I would really need, but I would like something a little more in depth (my gopro hasn't arrived yet so I haven't tried it out). corel x6 looked pretty promising but it kept crashing on me. I don't know if it is something that can be fixed or what. I'm currently installing a trial of adobe premiere, but I do want something that doesn't charge me a monthly fee or a giant flat fee.

7. Jan 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    It's possible depending on the strength of your machine and how tidy your OS is.

I have TechSmith Camtasia at work and I like it a lot, but it's $300.

You may consider Adobe Premiere Elements or Pinnacle Studio.

If you are a true badass editor, try Lightworks. I am too stupid to use this.

8. Jan 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    I have been using adobe premiere pro, but my trial just ran out and I'm not willing to pay $30 a month for it. I was going to download lightworks actually, but my computer is really screwed up right now, and any files I download online say they are corrupted. I don't have an antivirus program that actually does anything, so I probably have a virus. I'm not able to download any online really, and most cost money anyway. I need one that actually gets rid of viruses, not just scans for them like 99% of them out there.

Products Discussed in

To Top