1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for help with install...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pcledrew, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    pcledrew

pcledrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCLB
    I'll be putting my 3300bt in this weekend. I am wondering if anyone can provide me some basic (or detailed if ya got em) instructions on how to get my mic wire ran up the a pillar where it's commonly run to. Thanks.

2. Sep 8, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    you better test your wire before you run it...mine has never really worked properly, so I just don't have it ran.

3. Sep 8, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    i can mine up the a pillar and mounted it on the temp/compass roof console. the console is removed with 2 screws in the sunglass part and then just pull down on it and it will release the two front push clips. The a pillar is removed by 2 bolts located on the handle and just pull. the wire can be easily run under your dash and under your headliner without removing anything else.

4. Sep 8, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    When the head-unit is out, pull off the glove box (push in on the plastics sides, it will drop down a bit more. Squeeze the little shock on the right hand side and pull it away from the glove box. Then pull the glove-box away from the dash). Remove the A-pillar cover (couple of plugs on the grab-handle, I used the tines of a plastic fork, could carefully use a small flat bladed screwdriver to remove them. You will find a bolt under each plug that takes a 10mm wrench/socket. Remove them, then pull the cover away from the body).

Put the mic where you want it. Tuck the wires into the front of the headliner (I used the handle of a plastic fork). Run the wire down the A-pillar. There is a space there where it can be dropped down from the top of the dash at the A-pillar and be fished out from the glove box. Feed a wire across the glove box opening (appropriately tucked in leaving room for the glove box to go back in and operate freely). You may need a short fish wire, but there is a space between the glove box opening and the space the head-unit occupies, fish the wire over to the head-unit space. Plug the wires in, reverse the A-pillar and glove-box removal, and voila.

Edit: I was too slow, but hopefully the added words expand on the idea above.

5. Sep 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    pcledrew

pcledrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCLB
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll post pics when Im done if anyone is interested.

Products Discussed in

To Top