1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for help with wheel spacers!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by HamishN, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    HamishN

HamishN [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma ACLB SR5
    Leveling kit from previous owner
    I was hoping someone could tell me about their experience with wheel spacers for a 2012 Pre-runner, and what size you could fit onto a stock vehicle. I'm hoping to be able to fit a 1.25 inch - 2 inch set on my truck mainly just for the look of it, but it's also something I have very little experience with so any information helps!

2. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:09 AM
    wheeliest

wheeliest ///////////////////

Member:
    First Name:
    Json
    TMPE AZ
    Vehicle:
    05-SWB-DCSB-4X4-V6-SR5-SPORT
    NO SWAYBAR, Spacer lift with dirty4's
    CON: theoretically wheel spacers shorten wheel bearing life as it loads the outside of the bearing.

I run spidertrax or what ever hub-centric 1.25 spacers and beat up my suspension pretty good & everything is holding up.

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:12 AM
    HamishN

HamishN [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma ACLB SR5
    Do they give you any problems with rubbing? Or do they fit stock wheel arches? Also, how much worse for the bearing is it? As in is it worth it or do the bearings get worn out really quickly?

4. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:16 AM
    wheeliest

wheeliest ///////////////////

Member:
    First Name:
    Json
    TMPE AZ
    Vehicle:
    05-SWB-DCSB-4X4-V6-SR5-SPORT
    NO SWAYBAR, Spacer lift with dirty4's
    I've ran them on two different sets of stock wheels (offroad taco wheels & sport wheels currently) fit great. I've got Icon mid travel suspension, cab mount chop and a good alignment shop to help me clear 34's. My bearings have 180k mi on them, 40k of that milage i've have my spacers installed and are currently installed.

5. Jul 16, 2018 at 9:24 AM
    U-bolt

U-bolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mooresville NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver TX Pro & 1950 Willys owned for 3 generations
    885's from Headstrong KC HiLights 634 130w PIAA Fog Lights Headlight bulb upgraded to Silverstar Ultra’s N-Fab Light Bar (POS!) Never buy their stuff Replaced chrome TX pro grill with stock. Saving the original. Viair00088 88P Portable Air compressor w/tire repair kit LED interior bulbs Pioneer Radio (discontinued model) Removable Sirrius receiver Cheap-o Floor mats (to save TRD mats) Softopper Custom bed platform w/carpet & hinged Rubber Bed Matt LED Reverse Bulbs Backup camera Esky EC135-05 Black Rear bumper to replace stock chrome one. Willys Jeep Partial Restore spring of 2017. Road worthy and my plow truck 1988 White Grand Wagoneer
    I have 1.25 because some have said they had no issues below 2inch. It's been over a year now and no baring issues on my 2011 w/60k+ miles. I purchased off Amazon and forget who made them. I check them with a torque wrench in spring & fall when I change my tires for the season. Others will probably just tell you to go with a wheel and some offset #. I personally didn't have the $ to go buy wheels. OH, I rub a little bit on my mud flaps.

6. Jul 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    HamishN

HamishN [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma ACLB SR5
    Awesome, thanks man. I'm in the same boat with the lack of disposable income for rims sadly... But I already took off my mudguards, so the only real spot I'm worried about rubbing is in the front.

Products Discussed in

To Top