1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for info/pics of a 95.5-96 2RZ/3RZ

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Gabronius, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Nov 22, 2020 at 9:28 AM
    Gabronius

Gabronius [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Vehicle:
    1985 SR5 Reg Cab
    1996 Tacoma 3RZFE, Halogens, 4” lift
    Good Sunday morning to you all! I'm new to TW https://www.tacomaworld.com/posts/24595489/ and could use some help with a build. I've got an '85 straight axle 4x4 that I'm swapping a JDM 3RZ into. I'm almost ready to put the engine into the bay but the engine was delivered with a few water hoses cut. The problem is that they don't seem to be the same hoses as a U.S. model 3RZ. This is my Dad's old truck and when he gave it to me he made me promise to keep it in the family, so I'm doing my best to get her back on the road after the 22RE pooped the bed on me last year.

I'm looking for someone in my area [Chula Vista (Otay Ranch Area)/San Diego] who has an unmolested 2RZ or preferably a 3RZ/manual tranny Taco/T100/4Runner (1995.5-1996) that would let me look under the hood and take reference pics so I can figure out the differences between my truck and the U.S. version. The dealership parts guy was no help and I've already struck out ordering parts from schematics. Thanks, and have a great day!

- Gabronius

2. Nov 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    I have a highly modified 2rz bolted to a r155 (05-15 tacoma 5 sp)manual transmission.

Also a 3rz in the garage that’s going to get built one day. More than welcome to grab you photos

Products Discussed in

To Top