1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for new wheels...does this make sense?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TopShapeCabrio, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    TopShapeCabrio

TopShapeCabrio [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Yamaha Edition
    Raider Lo-Rider Elite Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Floor Mats, LED 4x4 Switch, Blu Logic Bluetooth, Toyota Roof Rack
    I have a 2007 Tacoma TRD Yamaha Edition Double Cab 4x4. Stock tires: 265/65/17.

Based on my research my stock wheels are 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore

Thinking of getting Pro Comp 7089-7883 wheels with stock tire size of 265/65/17:
    http://tinyurl.com/7r5ck29

With the help of the offset calculator on 1010tires.com, the Inner Clearance (inside of the wheel to the strut housing) will be 24mm MORE and the Outer Position (position of the outside edge of the wheel) will be extended by an extra 36mm.

Does this setup make sense? Will this work on my truck? I will measure on my truck but I think the tires would be pretty flush with the outside of the fender flare.

Are the Stock Mag TPMS gonna fit like a glove?

Thanks for your input.

2. Mar 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    They will work fine. They will stick out 1.5" more than stock on the outside, and will sit 1" further from the UCA on the inside. You will need conical seat lugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top