1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for tape

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by rpoint16, Mar 22, 2009.

  1. Mar 22, 2009 at 5:59 PM

    rpoint16 [OP] Well-Known Member

    Sep 2, 2007
    Tempe, AZ
    2008 double cab, 4X4, V-6, TRD. Super White.
    OME 885 coils & front shocks, with TT top plate, Total Chaos UCA, Rear OME extended shocks, Rear TSB, Rear Toytec AAL, trimmed the saber-tooth-tiger-long-ass mud flaps. 17" XD Revolver rims, 265/75/17 BFG AT KO's. Ripped out the crappy FM Modulator & installed a PA-15-toy interface. OEM bed matt.
    I went to an airshow a few months ago, & there was a vendor there selling a type of tape. I was planning on going back the next day, but never made it. I'm trying to locate it.

    It is 1 1/2" wide & comes in diff colors. It has the texture (but heavier) of electrical tape. It stretches like electrical tape. Wrapping it around something like a leaky pipe, it can hold up to around 250 psig. It also had a very high temperature rating.

    This would be cool on the trail for split coolent hoses & things like that.

    Anyone heard of this?
  2. Mar 22, 2009 at 7:10 PM

    lasllc Well-Known Member

    Feb 11, 2009
    SW Denver Burb
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport 4X4 Tow Pack
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    Pure silicon tape; thicker in the middle and feathered to a thin edge away from the center; usually has a line down the middle for an overlap mark; will melt into itself as it is warped and streached.

    I am trying to remember whare I saw it just the other day; Petersons 4 wheel mag or or some other mag advertisment. Try going to your local 4-wheel specialty shop or a dedicated crawler shop and ask. try google and just describe it.

    i do know that you can get it (red only) from Aircraft Spruce and specialty Co , but you will pay airplane prices for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top