1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to go LT

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by TRDWylie, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jan 28, 2020 at 9:18 AM
    Deo taco

Deo taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd pro in cement grey.
    Lots to come
    Here is a diagram. The piston has a internal bump piston that rides forward of the piston

ICON_58755_TECH-01.jpg

2. Jan 28, 2020 at 9:22 AM
    tetten

tetten Cynical Twat Waffle

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Socal
    Is that "version 3" or a 3" shock? The shock photo you posted is not a 3" shock

3. Jan 28, 2020 at 9:24 AM
    Deo taco

Deo taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd pro in cement grey.
    Lots to come
    It isnt a 3.0 but the 2.5 has the same in it on a smaller scale I believe. If you want I'll call adrian at icon and get you the full rundown. This picture is all I could find to post. It was for reference

4. Jan 28, 2020 at 9:32 AM
    tetten

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Socal
    I honestly don't care, I would never buy Icons myself or recommend Icon shocks to anyone. Those look like specific upgrades that wouldn't be included in off the shelf shocks. That diagram looks like Icon's answer to King's pointless bling 3.0 w/ internal bypass for stock width Tacomas.

5. Jan 28, 2020 at 12:07 PM
    desertjunkie760

desertjunkie760 @DesertJunkie760 (IG)

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Check My Sig.
    Pretty much. King's "IBP" tech is different in their bleed is created by a bypass hole in the shaft which is closed off by a needle at bump. Icon's design is more of a bottom out cup style but both styles are not as progressive as bypass technology should be, IMO. Regardless, that is a separate conversation from where I was driving my thought trend.

6. Jan 28, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    tetten

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Socal
    They are both pretty dumb outside the purpose King made their's for. Hydro bumps make more sense in every other case.

7. Feb 19, 2020 at 10:03 PM
    jdiola

jdiola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jay
    Echo park los angeles
    Vehicle:
    13 tacoma dcsb off road
    Ovtune, anytime locker mod, pelfrey hybrid bumper, pelfrey rock sliders baja designs s8 and sqaudron pros, group 31 interstate battery with TW memeber coupe trd battery strap, osram 100/90 watt headlight bulbs, hkb voltage booster, meso 3 pod 3rd brake light, archive hammer hangers at the helm motorcycle holder/bed stiffiner prinsu rack gfc superlite rotopax 2.5 gas 2 water sua deaver hd springs with icon hydro bumps 12” fox 2.5 dcs w/ accutune on archive shock relocation ext icon cdc front coil overs jdfab 2.25 lt w/currie axles fox 2.5 front bumps jdfab double shear uca jdfab spindle gusset bypass shock hoop with icon s2 falken wildpeak 265/75-17 carhart seat covers
    As far as i can tell the rear is where i get the most amount of bottoming out because when there is nothing in the bed the stock spring are about 2” from the hard bumpstop. Put anything on the back and now you are on the bumps. You need more up travel. Or more spring. I think overland guys like more heavier springs on top of the axle. I am looking for more up travel without raising the truck a bunch. Move the spring under the axle you get more up travel with more thinner springs. The total chaos sua uses a custom deaver spring using the stock mounting which is the limit to your droop. 12-14” Which i am not that worried about. But the dmz kit gives you new wider mounting points for longer springs and more droop and more up travel. I am not to sure about the other kits but it seems like dmz is pretty dialed for 16 to 18 of droop. From there you can go nuts

Products Discussed in

To Top