1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Love this truck, but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bryan07sport, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    So the tacoma has been my dream truck from the day it came out in 05. so I bought it in september. 07 trd sport, black, 6 spd, 4x4, whatever. Everything i wanted. First thing was problems with the dealer but thats off the subject i suppose. Then the truck doesn't start after 2 days of owning it. Wait a couple hours, runs fine. Does it again a month later and again a month or so ago, and had to get it towed to the dealer where they replaced (under warranty) the immobilizer computer which had fried (what makes the computer chip keys work). Had to drive a yaris in the snow for 3 days. So this morning I woke up and started driving and there was a real bad clicking noise coming from the driveline. Sounded like blown u joints or rear diff issue. I checked everywhere for ice buildup. nothing. took the truck to toyota this morning clicking away and embarrassed, and they gave me a prius rental. (and theres 18-24 inches of snow forecasted in the next 48hrs). Oh and it gets better, its starting to make the throwout bearing noise!! Isn't this why we all went out and spent some extra money on the tacomas? so we wouldn't have to deal with this crap? aren't they supposed to to be one of the best? the truck has 33k miles on it and warranty is up at 36 (which is crap anyway). I'm starting to have my doubts with toyota. we'll see how this goes.

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Yes, that is why we all buy Toyotas, and even though the quality isnt as good as it was with the 1st gens. It doesnt matter what brand of vehicle you get, there are going to be some bad ones. Most of us have never had any problems whatsoever and it really sucks to see people having troubles. Hopefully it will all get fixed for you. Make sure you tell them about the noises you are hearing so they get it documented before your warranty expires

Products Discussed in

To Top