1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lower dash panel

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by westcoastmimi, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Oct 30, 2023 at 11:47 AM
    westcoastmimi

westcoastmimi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma prerunner
    Someone recently tried to steal my 2002 tacoma prerunner I had ignition replaced but it still needs the lower dash panel replaced when we tried to remove it we realized it is connected to the hood latch. Does anyone know exactly what the part is called or part number? Also do i have to take the entire dash apart to replace the lower panel? The shop wanted $900 to replace the lower part only. It’s. work truck so i don’t mind that is not pretty just need to run and be able to open the hood

2. Oct 30, 2023 at 12:05 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    The left lower part is really easy to remove. If I recall you may just need to remove the radio surround and surrounding areas but its not too bad. Def do not need to remove the entire dash but it will look like you removed it all. do you need both sides or just the driver side? I can almost get my driver side out in less than 15 minutes if I am thinking of the same area. I cant imagine its any different then mine. Unless the x runner was different you can look for any 2nd gen to replace it with.

Products Discussed in

To Top