1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LOWERED 4x4...right or rong

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by motocross, Jul 7, 2007.

1. motocross

motocross [OP] Member

Member:
    hi im new here because im going to buy a tacoma its a 1997 4x4 2.7L 4cyl its got 32" tires and 2" susp lift, i already own a ford ranger thats lifted and nice and hard on gas, this will be my truck to drive back and foreth from university so i need something with really good gas milage. i like lifted trucks and especially because of the roads around here but it herts the wallet, so my idea is i could lower it abit and put some nice 20" rims on it, i no its a 4x4 but thats my problem no one makes a lowering kit for a 4x4 tacoma so how would i lower it, the backs no problem but im not sure how to lower the front, would 2wd tacoma springs work ? and how much would they drop it ? also i would be tacking the lift out.

motocross

2. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Lemme get this straight, you have a lifted 4x4, but you want to lower it. Why not just get a mini to begin with?

It would be more headache than it's worth... really. Do a search on the customtacos.com forums and you'll get an idea.

3. jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    i'd say drop the ranger...off a cliff...haha....j/k...i'd keep the taco as is

4. motocross

motocross [OP] Member

Member:
    i would agree with the drop ranger off a cliff, my experience with the ranger hasnt been very good, the reason im geting this 4x4 is because hes always been friends with my family and its a 1997 that im getting very very cheap, its only a spacer lift in the front and blocks in the back, the tires are abit worn and the rims arnt that nice, my rangers already lifted so i wanted something clean with low pro's. so how would i lower the front end ...take out the spacer and put in 2wd coils ?

if i do keep it lifted i want to lift it more, how much susp lift can i get without having to change drop brackets and stuff, i dont no much about these iv just been into rangers. also where can i get a nice set of rims for these and what bolt pattern it this truck thanks

5. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I think you can go about 3" before you need to worry about your CV angles and the like.

6. Panama Red

Panama Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    Even at 3", people have started noticing that their CV boots are starting to rub. As they say "there is no free lunch".

To Top