1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lsd and vst 2010

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NMTrailRider, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Jan 27, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Hey, please don't come down on me too hard, as I've searched and read the manual... but I'm still havin hard time understanding vsc and auto lsd. Some of these posts talk about a Trac and I don't think my truck has that. I just have one button which I understand is the vsc control. So, one push turns vsc off and auto lsd on. Does that mean that lsd was off before or on but 'not auto'? Think that's where I'm confused. A long push makes the auto lsd light go off and the vsc off light stays lit. So as I see it, there are three possibilities.
    1. NO lights lit, meaning vsc is on, and lsd is either 'off' or 'not auto'... please clarify.
    2. Auto LSD on (light is lit), vsc off (light is lit)
    3. Auto LSD 'off' or 'not auto' (light is not on), vsc off (light is lit)

Again, I don't think I have a Trac. So, do I have that correct, and if so, can you give me an example of when or in what conditions I would use each of the three above combinations?

2010 v6 automatic double cab. SR5 it is not a sport or trd.

Also, I do know when and when not to use 4wd. I have driven them for 15 years in summer and winter in SD. Rarely off road. So, if I'm just driving city and highway, is it best to just always drive using scenerio one above? That is, just turn key and go without pressing the button at all?

YOur insights are Much appreciated. THanks!

2. Jan 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico

Products Discussed in

To Top