1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MagnaFlow Cat Back System/Scoche dash kit

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by biorunner1, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Jan 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    biorunner1

biorunner1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Kenwood DVD, Navi TV tuner, Ipod, FM Traffic Reciever Thorley Headers AFE Intake Custom Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator American Racing BFG AT Wheels Fox Racing Shox Total Chaos Control Arms Tint
    I have a Magnaflow 16625 bolt on Cat Back System that I want to sell. Its been on my truck less than 2 weeks. Im selling because I was showing a friend my new set up when he gave me the (You Should have told me, I know a guy) speach. Anyways Im having my friend set me up with a custom exhaust system including headers and all this weekend. The costum set up wont work well with the Magnaflow and its 3" Pipes. I paid $475 for the system and just want to let it go for no less than $350. MSRP is $615 and is what the Toyota dealer originally recommended to me. If anyone is interested in a do it yourself in literally 20 minutes cat back system let me know. Its still on my truck till this weekend so if your in the area you can come by and listen and feel the gains (Magnaflow says 10HP and 9ftlbs). I can even show you my reciept from two weeks ago. Its not even broken in yet Im in San Diego, CA. Otherwise I will ship it anyway you like if you pay the shipping, Im guessing around $30.00 in the lower 48. Check out the MagnaFlow website look up PN 16625

On a separate Note I have a grey Scoche single din dash kit I want to sell for $20.00 Its used but in good shape. Ill ship that for $10.00.

2. Jan 16, 2008 at 11:22 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Kenwood DVD, Navi TV tuner, Ipod, FM Traffic Reciever Thorley Headers AFE Intake Custom Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator American Racing BFG AT Wheels Fox Racing Shox Total Chaos Control Arms Tint
    Just thought Id mention that I am looking for the Toyota Tacoma Tube step running boards. Id be willing to make a trade if anyone has got em.

3. Jan 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    Baja Taco

Baja Taco Work in Progress

Member:
    Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport
    Katzkin Leather Interior, Maganflow Cat Back System, 5100's on all fours set at 2.5" and rear Toytec 1.5' blocks, N-Fab side Steps
    Send you a PM about it

4. Jan 22, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    has this already sold?

5. Jan 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    Baja Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Katzkin Leather Interior, Maganflow Cat Back System, 5100's on all fours set at 2.5" and rear Toytec 1.5' blocks, N-Fab side Steps
    The Magnaflow its already bolted on my Truck, I don't know about the Scoche kit.

6. Jan 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    Yeah,

Baja Taco and I made a trade for the side tubes which are working out great. How do you like the Magnaflow kit?

7. Jan 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    The Scoche Kit is still available. Is any body interested?

8. Jan 23, 2008 at 3:21 PM
    Baja Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It bolted very easily, and everything was done in less than one hour (including the dissasembly of the stock system), I like a lot how the setup looked (as it was basically new) but honestly, I didn't like the cab noise of the magnaflow, so I am thinking on swapping just the muffler with a FM 70 series to see how it gets (for what a I have read here and on other forums, it has a more deep sound on the outside and less in-cab noise), a muffler shop here on TJ has agreed on take my magnaflow as a "trade-in" plus some cash to put the FM, but I will be keeping the rest of the magnaflow system, I will be swapping just the muffler, I will be doing that this week end and let you know how it turned out.

9. Jan 23, 2008 at 10:56 PM
    biorunner1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Prerunner
    So your going with the same change that I did. The FM 70 series is the same muffler I put on my truck. It is very quiet in the cab even witht he headers. Almost the same as the stock muffler. Another, one to consider is the 40 series from what others are saying on the forum. Either one Im told will save you gas, but you will still get the small advantages of more air flow. especially if you make the output tube a little smaller than the input instead of the magnaflow set up. Anyway yeah please let me know how it turns out.

10. Sep 26, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    jpoy808

jpoy808 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    prerunner

Products Discussed in

To Top