1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

maintainence of air filter

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by das56170, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Sep 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM

das56170 [OP] Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Temecula, CA
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4 SR5
    Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, volant cold air intake, 3" lift with AAL, 285/75 r 16 pro comp xterrains, 1" differential drop, spare tire mod, hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator, debadged
    I have a volant CAI that I put in about 13,000 miles ago. The instructions say that the filter is good for up to 100,000 miles. What do I have to do for maintainence and how often. I saw a cleaning kit on autoanything.com that volant makes. They recommend cleaning every 30,000-50,000 miles and oiling every 10,000 miles. I'm a little concerned about oiling the filter. I don't want to hurt any components in the intake system. What recommendations do you guys have?
  2. Sep 13, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Janster Old & Forgetful

Mar 25, 2007
    First Name:
    Lancaster, PA
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano, iPhone6), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, New Frame & Leaf springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Hood scoop graphics, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Follow the recommendations of the filter. Get the cleaning kit and follow the instructions closely. After cleaning, allow them to fully dry before oiling. Do not overoil.

I had K&N drop-in filters in the past and I cleaned them once every 6 months (regardless of miles).

Check the filter once every 6 months atleast.... you can make your own decision whehter it needs cleaned or not by how dirty it looks. If in doubt...clean it. A clean filter is much better than a dirty one.
To Top