1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Manual shift ball

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TDOGGY, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Apr 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    TDOGGY

TDOGGY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Grill color matched, shifter ball, shell, 5100's all the way around.....
    Just added a new Grey TRD shift ball to my truck. Its the coolest little addition I can think of for the dollar. Changes the entire feel of the truck, shiftwise that is.

2. Apr 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Please post pictures and a link to where you got it from. Otherwise this thread is fairly useless.

3. Apr 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Much like the internet is useless for you....Google "TRD Shift Knob" and you'll get more photos and offers to sell you one than you can shake a stick at...

4. Apr 22, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just thought if he was so happy with it he'd want to show it off.

OP: What does it change about the shifter feel? Give me some more info here, I'm starving.

Certainly like the looks of it. Wonder if I could tap it to fit my auto.

5. Apr 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    Im going to get mine on sunday. Does it have a good weight to it? Can you tell the difference in from the stock one.

6. Apr 22, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    Had the gray TRD shift knob on order before getting my truck
    I Really Like It!!!

7. Apr 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    Now you need to think about a URD SS
    Shifts are from a truck feel to a sports car feel
    Much more enjoyable

8. Apr 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Nice! Here's mine...

adh-2.jpg
    notch & happy leaf 00004.jpg

9. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    TDOGGY

TDOGGY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Grill color matched, shifter ball, shell, 5100's all the way around.....
    Apoligies for being useless just figured that if I typed in grey TRD shift knob i would get the same result every time. Theres are dozens out there and i didnt have time to put up a picture, the feel of these is way better in my opinion they give you a more positive grasp on the shifter then the stock one. I compare it to the T handle without the constant urge to slam the hell out of it. I purchased mine from a local dealer called Menlove Toyota you can get them on ebay, FJ sites, and the TRD catalog had them last I looked. They arent to hard to find if you use GOOGLE. LRGRNR has a pic of one up, that is what it looks like. Thanks for throwing that pic up, at least your not useless.

If anyone wants my help tracking them down hit me up. However if you ask me how to install one im going to ask you to sell your truck, and buy a nice little dress.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    The 2005+ mustangs have the M12 1.25 thread we need so that opens up your options a lot. I picked up a white ball just like the TRD one but in 5spd, looks great.

11. Jun 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    KRich

KRich Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    So would you guys recommend the white 6 spd shift cue ball for the URD short shifter (for weight and feel)? I would love to see a pic of it from a little farther back for the look aspect too. :p

Products Discussed in

To Top