1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Map lights 0n with Dome light..Update

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MyMistress, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    MyMistress

MyMistress [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4X
    Leveled front, TSB rear, TSB Transmission, Always on fog lights, Socked windshield / bedsides, Trimmed mud flaps, Weather Techs, 4 Extra d-rings, Map Light Mod, Avid Light Bar, OEM Bed Mat, Locked Back Window, Secret Stash Area,
    This is in regards to the Map Lights Coming On With Dome Light Mod.

I in no way created this mod, I just modded the mod......

If you want the ability to turn on the dome light without the map lights coming on (like while driving), Connect the wire coming from the dome lights to the BLUE wire going into the map lights. Dont connect to the body of the light itself like previously mentioned, but do everything else the same.

Im sorry I dont have the Like to the original to give them props..

Good luck.

2. May 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Does anyone have it? I'm looking to do this. Something about connecting only one wire and be done with it, but I can't find the original post.

3. May 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
  4. May 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I'll check that out. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top