1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

March Into Saving at SSO! (15% off)

Discussion in 'Southern Style OffRoad' started by SouthernStyleOffRoad, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Mar 6, 2023 at 1:39 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

SouthernStyleOffRoad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ready to take your off-road game to the next level? Look no further than Southern Style Offload's March Into Savings Sale! For a limited time, we're offering 15% and FREE SHIPPING on all bumpers, bed bars, rock sliders, and ditch light brackets, so you can customize your ride and tackle any terrain with confidence.

No need to use a coupon code at checkout, savings automatically apply to your cart!

www.southernstyleoffroad.com

And feel free to email me any questions you might have Lee@SouthernStyleOffroad.com

west4x4 likes this.
  2. Mar 10, 2023 at 11:27 AM
    Draden

Draden P911RSR

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCSB "Off Road" 4.0L
    What is your current lead time, I placed my order Jan 18 which makes it 37 business days now and was told 30 to 50 business days... is my order on schedule and what are your leads times for your range of products today if one were to order other items?

3. Mar 10, 2023 at 11:36 AM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Dear Draden,

Our lead times are a little bit behind because of an issue at our metal distributor. They're press break bender passed away a few weeks ago, and they're having issues with the new trainee catching up on all the orders in house. So we're prob 2-3 weeks behind of schedule.. just keeping it 100% transparent.

-Lee

4. Mar 24, 2023 at 7:03 AM
    71tattooguy

71tattooguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    Petaluma , Ca (707)
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OFF- ROAD
    Kings 2.5” front and rears from Accutune / ICON RXT LEAF PACK black badges doors and tailgate / method 315 / 255/85/16 Yokohama G003 / magnaflow exhaust , axle dump / meso int delete kit / meso led map lights / dome lights / wheelers front super bumps / accutune Flip kit with spacer and new bumps / Cali raised fog light pods / Cali raised ditch lights / RCI FULL SKIDS / SLIDERS / RCI rear bumper / rigid backup lights / tuned on 4.88’s
    Just emailed you about order.
    Any updates would be appreciated.order placed in January

5. Mar 28, 2023 at 5:22 AM
    71tattooguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    Petaluma , Ca (707)
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OFF- ROAD
    Kings 2.5” front and rears from Accutune / ICON RXT LEAF PACK black badges doors and tailgate / method 315 / 255/85/16 Yokohama G003 / magnaflow exhaust , axle dump / meso int delete kit / meso led map lights / dome lights / wheelers front super bumps / accutune Flip kit with spacer and new bumps / Cali raised fog light pods / Cali raised ditch lights / RCI FULL SKIDS / SLIDERS / RCI rear bumper / rigid backup lights / tuned on 4.88’s
    I feel you Man!! Haven’t gotten any real answer on anything really. Got a response that I’ll get a tracking number when ships. I checked on my order status still says payment pending :anonymous: I totally realize the circumstances now with purchasing certain products. IMO a more realistic update and lead time on orders would be great. What I don’t like is sitting here for 2 months and no real answer. I’m not bashing just a little disappointed in the way this company is handling orders. I spent a lot of money. Hopefully I see bumper in April but who knows

west4x4 likes this.
  6. Mar 28, 2023 at 10:18 AM
    Draden

Draden P911RSR

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Mine shows payment pending too however I paid in full. I questioned them on this and they said it’s just how their system works. And tried to assure me that they show I paid. It’s like then go fix the website because its not comforting for customers to have paid and then see that status. And again. I wish they would at least send my lightbar in advance since the bumper is overdue

7. Apr 17, 2023 at 12:21 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Send me your order number and I'll look into it!

8. Apr 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Send me your order number and I'll look into it!

9. Apr 17, 2023 at 12:49 PM
    71tattooguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    Petaluma , Ca (707)
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OFF- ROAD
    236791 Here it is and thank you

10. Apr 18, 2023 at 12:06 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Just to update everyone, the reason our website is not showing the correct statuses on Payment and Fabrication is due to us switching servers. Since we're in the middle of the switch, things are a little funky in Woo but our actual fabrication workflow program is 100% accurate, so if anyone is wondering what the status of there order is, or has any other questions please do not hesitate to call us and we'll be happy to help!

11. Apr 18, 2023 at 12:07 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Your bumper is coming up to the welding station here shortly, we are a little behind as outlined above. I do apologize about the delay, the 5 week metal delay really hurt us in our lead times but we're doing everything we can to get this right. Thank you for your patience and if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to assist you!

12. Apr 18, 2023 at 12:13 PM
    71tattooguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    Petaluma , Ca (707)
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OFF- ROAD
    Thank you so much. Appreciate the update. Appreciate your guys hard work as well :thumbsup:

13. Apr 19, 2023 at 11:51 AM
    Draden

Draden P911RSR

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    hi, my order number precedes that (23675x) and just today I am now 3 weeks over and at 65 business days and i was told via phone call that my bumper has not even been started and that the raw metal isnt even in house for it yet. plus i specifically asked if orders were being honored ahead of mine and was told no so how is it that order 23679x has the metal and is in welding when my order which was placed before that 23675x doesnt even have the metal yet and hasnt even been started yet? 5 week metal delay? my order was placed jan 18 thats 13 weeks ago. (65 business days if you consider a week is 5 working days)

please tell me that i have not been placed behind other just because i havent been calling and please tell me why i was told the phone call was ending and that i was told "this conversation is going nowhere when i merely asked for a set date of when i can expect my order to be started ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  14. Apr 19, 2023 at 12:26 PM
    Draden

Draden P911RSR

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Hello Lee... I am now 3 weeks over the 50 business days and told mine hasn't been started ..... can you help a brother out and find out when i will get my order? so i dont get hung up on again. especially since i havent been calling at all and waited for the 3 additional weeks to pass before i called........ which was only my second time ever calling.... first call was at 30 business days (asking if the lightbar could at least be sent since the bumper was delayed (it hasnt been sent) , second call was today, at 65 business days (which i waited until now to call and was because you told said on here 2 to 3 weeks behind schedule....... i waited.... Patiently...... and when i called today, i was shocked to now have been told that it wasnt even started yet and shocked that i was hung up on when i merely and calmly asked, can you please give me an ECD and has my order been set aside and placed behind others that have been calling? i was hung up on, given no ECD nor status other than being told that 13 weeks later (and after patiently waiting and reading that the delays were due to a fabricators death to supply chain issues)... that now, 13 weeks into waiting, my order hasnt even been started because of no metal ? my slimline order doesnt even have a bull bar it is the simplest version of the model.

so i ask again......... can you help a 60 yr old veteran brother out and find out when i will get my order?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  15. Apr 19, 2023 at 12:33 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Your metal is in house, she was mistaken when she told you that your metal was not in house. We have metal for orders into mid Feb, she looked at the wrong batch number of metal coming in and gave you the wrong information. For that I apologize. However, we are not fabricating bumpers placed after yours, before your order. I said in the form that his bumper will be coming up to the welding station here shortly, not that his bumper was in the welding queue, so I apologize if you misread that. We're getting close to the 2367xx Tacomas in fabrication at the moment, so there is realistically a good chance both your bumpers will enter the welding queue the same time.

There was a 5 week metal delay as posted up above.. The way it usually works is we collect X amounts of orders and place an order with our metal supplier for a batch of all of our products. Well, with the last batch of metal we placed.. there press break operator died.. and they only had 1 of 1... so no one else could step in and save that particular business. They had to find a new employee, train a new employee and then clear out all outstanding orders with every company that collectively orders metal through them, as we're not the only one. So it took roughly an additional 5 extra weeks on top of an already 4 week experience.

As stated above, we're doing everything we can to catch up and get these products out of here in a timely fashion, but that includes not skipping people or rushing/sacrificing quality.

I do apologize for you being hung up on, she isn't feeling too well today and she's had a fair share of annoyed customers on top of her sickness. Understandably so, as we're behind. I'm not justifying her hanging up or responding in a upset manner.. just showing your her side the fence.

As far as the most accurate date of delivery.. she just doesn't have access to the current workflow programs to be able to predict when it would be delivered/completed as she's a customer service rep. Only the welding manager and owner can see the information and make a prediction.

If I had to guess, which it is just a guess... I would say you're 3-4 weeks out. I know that sucks, and I'm about to have to go adjust our lead times because this metal delay has set us back in more than a few ways.. but that's just my best prediction. I know it's not what you're looking to hear maybe, but I want to keep it as honest as possible because I hate backtracking.

-Lee

16. Apr 19, 2023 at 12:40 PM
    Draden

Draden P911RSR

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Thnak you Lee, I am a veteran and believe in people and believe in honor and expect that commitment to be honored. I will patiently wait another 3 to 4 weeks. Thank you for your considerate reply.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Ahomeofbones likes this.
  17. May 4, 2023 at 10:43 AM
    illnevertell10

illnevertell10 Member

Member:
    I called to inquire about my order and was hung up on by the lady in customer service and my order was cancelled a short time later and I was refunded only 80% of what I paid without my permission. She was extremely rude. I reached out to Lee and he said he would make things right but never did before separating from the company. I have since reached out and can’t get a phone call back from any manager. I have since disputed the charges with my bank. I know everyone has different experiences but that’s mine.

18. May 4, 2023 at 2:15 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

Member:
    Dear Ryan,

You and I spoke on the phone, we agreed to restore the order... so I did. I had no idea you were trying to get in touch with me, as I did not see any missed calls but I do believe you if you say you called me. So I do apologize if we some how miscommunicated, but as far as I know the last time we spoke.. I was restoring your order.. You had agreed to drop the dispute and I restore your order 237733...

Also, I don't know where someone heard Lee left the company but I assure you that I still very much work here at SSO. Matt is no longer with the company.

19. May 14, 2023 at 6:35 PM
    west4x4

west4x4 Un-known Member

Member:
    San Bernardino County, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off-road
    I placed a order on may 9th 2023. I can’t wait to receive my items. I hope there’s not much of delay like what I’m reading on here @SouthernStyleOffRoad

20. May 14, 2023 at 7:18 PM
    71tattooguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dino
    Petaluma , Ca (707)
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD OFF- ROAD
    January 19th placed bumper order.. Hopefully will ship in the next 2 weeks like I was told :popcorn:

west4x4 likes this.
To Top