1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Master Cylinder and Brake Booster

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jarvis210, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    jarvis210

jarvis210 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Fullerton
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    Well last week my brake light was coming on while driving. Pulled over and found the brake fluid was low. I did brakes about 10k miles ago and thought maybe i didnt correct the level. So i set the level to max. the next morning the brake light was on again. Brake fluid level at min. checked and found no visable leaks. I was suspecting that the master cylinder was leaking internally into the brake booster. So i didnt drive it to work. I checked with toyota and ordered a master cylinder. Part came in and when i went to install it the part did not fit. I returned the part and after a big headache the part was packaged wrong so we ordered another one and i decided to replace the booster also due to the large amount of brake fluid in the booster... Well about 805 dollars later in parts my truck i up and running again.... My trunk is an 05 with 90k on it.... keep an eye on your brake fluid level.....

Beaglesridefree likes this.
To Top