1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MasterCraft Safety seats.

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by bayareataco, May 12, 2015.

1. May 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM
    bayareataco

bayareataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma sr5 trd 4x4 5speed
    Camper Shell Thule System 3 inch lift procomp wheels km2's apex plate bumper piaa lights warn m8000-s
    This is the first time I have done this and I want to make clear that in reality I am not really ma, I just wanted to share my experience...

On 3/06/15 I Ordered a set of MasterCraft Baja RS seats from my local 4wheelparts. I went through 4WP because they offered free shipping on these seats so I felt why not!

When I ordered the seats the guy at 4wp gave MasterCraft a call to see what the lead time would be for my seats, the rep said between 4-5 weeks they would ship. I was relieved because I really really wanted them before May 23rd when I leave for Moab.

At 5 1/2 weeks I gave MasterCraft a call and they were no help at all! In fact they were pretty rude, he laughed when I said I ordered them through 4wp and said he had absolutely no way to look up my order and I would have to go through 4wp. He also said they would not notify me when they ship either. On top of that he said they were waiting on seat frames from the manufacturer.

A seat company with no seat frames, wow.

Fast forward to now 5/12/15 week 10 of waiting and after 2 days of bugging the 4wp guy (sorry Kyle!) he is having a hell of a time getting ahold of MC. They didn't answer or return any of his calls yesterday, and today they said that everyone who knows about the ETA's are gone and at some convention. The seat makers all left early and have no clue when my seats will be made.

So I'm pretty certain I won't be receiving my seats in time for Rock Therapy, that bums me out as I ordered them so early. I wish MC would have just said they had no seat frames when I ordered them and that they couldn't guarantee my order in 10 weeks, I feel like they were misleading and lied to be honest.

I believe I would have gone with a different seat brand from the get go if I had known this in advance. Now I feel like it's to late to cancel the order and I may as well wait but MasterCraft will not receive my business again!

To Top